How to do my frist track on Zanozamodeler by scrach

Section, in which we are talking about MM2

Moderators: Frost, Luigi, HQTM-Team

captainzana
HQTM-Team

How to do my frist track on Zanozamodeler by scrach

Post by captainzana »

Well, i was trying to make this

but i have e little problem... i dont know how to make the square that suppoes the 1024 x 1024(ups... that was the origianl unremastered one...) origial texture and make it a real thing... yes, i´mm realy lame...

wellm as far i know, that must be on tga and THE MAP should act like this

well, if you help me to convert it using the ZM 1.7 and MM2TK, i will be very, very happy
Shiggiti Shiggiti Shua...
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

I understand that you have already read this (and all related topics) and made the simple city from the tutorial ?? (1)

Have you made any 3D model (for example a car) in ZM so far ?? (2) If not, I suggest you to start with ZM tutorials and something easier. If yes, then use your knowlege to model these islands are 3D objects.

Don't forget to answer my two questions:
1. ?
2. ?

BTW. I don't understand the part with 1024x1024, please explain it. And please use thumbnails for big images - I mean not only size in KB but also dimesion.
... You only have to know how to prepare query, google will do the rest ...
... My software ...
... Guide to Punctuation ...
captainzana
HQTM-Team

Post by captainzana »

1. Yes i SEE IT, but it explains it to people that uses ZM
2. As i said in 1... NO

1024x1024...

Super Mario Kart used the very frist generation of Mode7 to make a "real" 3D into the tracks, but it was only a big 1024 x 1024 texture, with "collisions" and "types of terrain fields" added... all in a plain 2D Texture...

Then, because the S-FX Chip on the cartidge cannot use dynamic-sized tracks, they used all in a 1024x1024 inclding the ones who uses less than it...

Later, in 2002, with Mario Kart: Super Circuit (Nintendo EAD sucked at names), the Mode7 was better, then, they was able to use dyamic-sized tracks, each track has a different resolution, even the remastered ones, like the one upper your post...(then, i suck at place adverbs(if i´m dont suck and try to say whatever i was pretending to say that was the XXX that i replaced with upper...))

---FREAKING, ANNOYING TEST: DELETED---

Well, i think that now you can understand why i was asking that, because I DID'T TOUCHED ZM in my LIFE

Also, the ZM tutorials that i have seen was for ZM 1.03...

Also...

The original 1024x1024 texture...

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1760/s ... pkobw0.png
Last edited by captainzana on 2008-05-06, 22:05, edited 2 times in total.
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

captainzana wrote:2. As i said in 1... NO
So I suggest to start with basic tutorial about ZM, you can find many at forum.mm2c.com, for example, here is new one.
captainzana wrote:Also, WebKit SVN r32847(the buld of the webkit(safari´s rendering engine)that i use) and FireFox 3 Beta 5 ... and integrate to safari by yourself...)
:offtopic: Next offtopic gives you warning.
captainzana wrote:Well, i think that now you can understand why i was asking that, because I DID'T TOUCHED ZM in my LIFE
So stop being lazy and touch ZM !!
captainzana wrote:Also, the ZM tutorials that i have seen was for ZM 1.03...
It looks that you have seen wrong one, check the link I gave you above and forum.mm2c.com.

MM2 is no Super Mario Kart, if you want to build city you have to make it in 3D or find other tool that can transform your image into 3D objects - I don't know any.
... You only have to know how to prepare query, google will do the rest ...
... My software ...
... Guide to Punctuation ...
captainzana
HQTM-Team

Post by captainzana »

i have found a way... making the proper decomposition in small textures, then make the islands by scracth(i never find the way to put the "h" and "t"). fill them up with air, and add the barriers(it will be hard make the barriers, i think)

well... i´m gonna start my VM

Thanks anyway... also:
Maxoff wrote:MM2 is not Super Mario Kart
Why not?, they are crazy racing games...