Classic Madness: General information

We can find some informations about new cars here, additions etc., publicated by HQTM-Team.

Moderators: Frost, Luigi, HQTM-Team

captainzana
HQTM-Team

Post by captainzana »

Well, i only have one question to do(is this the correct place?):

Where the ligthing is stored?, is because, i like that ligthing effects(not textures, i know the ligth direction is extrange, like shown HERE, because, is great, but always can be better)
Shiggiti Shiggiti Shua...
alexsim2004
HQTM-Team

Post by alexsim2004 »

Sorry for Off Topic but are these forums still active? - there hasnt seemed to be any posts in a while
captainzana
HQTM-Team

Post by captainzana »

mean CM forums, or HQTM ones?
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

captainzana wrote:Where the ligthing is stored?, is because, i like that ligthing effects(not textures, i know the ligth direction is extrange, like shown HERE, because, is great, but always can be better)
Are you talking about reflection on the car? It is a texture.
... You only have to know how to prepare query, google will do the rest ...
... My software ...
... Guide to Punctuation ...
captainzana
HQTM-Team

Post by captainzana »

NO, the ligthing...

if you set the same city in the same place with the same time(f.e: noon/clear) the buildings have a different ligth focus than standard MM2

se THAT topic please :573:

Also, SEE THAT QUOTE THAT YOU JUST QUOTED
...not textures...
Edit for lazy ones...

CM

MM2/SM2-(use same ligthing, but its a little bit more ligther, anyway, it proves it)
Franch88
HQTM-Team

Post by Franch88 »

He means that the buildings textures and, mainly, the whole environment, are more bright and blue colored with the CM mod respect with the SM2 and the game without texture mods.

Does this happens only with that map? I've seen that effect before, seeing the SF and London buildings textures more blue. In fact the right side buildings are a little more blue colored while the left side ones are more bright. Look also the smoothness on the right concrete barrier and on the car.
I really don't know how that is given; maybe is something that involves the new changed textures in the CM mod.
Some tracks used the .lt00, .lt01... .lt15 files; I think that these files are used for the environment color in each time/wheater combination in the track where they're used. I don't believe that these files could involve also other cities like SF and London.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, Midtown Madness 2 COLOR member.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases||MM2X.com|
captainzana
HQTM-Team

Post by captainzana »

that is a map WITHOUT any standard MM2 tecture, only to test how the ligth focus is changed, also, i didnt nothiced the smooth thing, but it makes it even more real.

For the texture comparision go to my topic on MM2BR that shows the differences in textures and ligthing

in texture comparision, you will notice that the ligthing is not applied TO THAT ZONE OF THE BUILDINGS, only to concern on textures... but in the rest of SF, the ligthing is like that other 2 pictures

i think that MM2 engine is like the MM3 one, or even more better on graphics...

i should post one day all my theories about MM2 engine ad my ideas to improve it...

i dont know if i need to replace my glasses, but if you see the proto images, you can see it a little more bit like CM (the ones at MS site)

now that i think.

Who has the MM2 Beta, that one in a foregin language...?? ??
Franch88
HQTM-Team

Post by Franch88 »

This picture in SF with the SM2 has pretty the same bright and blue coloration of the CM one in Metro City track. In the other pictures the lightning looks the same.
It's also important to say that SF and London cities uses the PSDL object for buildings and roads, while the Metro Street Circuit is all made using PKG objects; its PSDL is the plane object under the track. This could make differences.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, Midtown Madness 2 COLOR member.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases||MM2X.com|
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

As far as I remember, CM doesn't change lights in SF/London, only textures. If you don't have installed any other mods, then the only idea that comes to my mind is this:

When you mess up with mipmaps in .tex texture (TexManager sometimes does it unfortunately :( ), you have blue textures in some views.

So in my opinion it looks like invalid texture in CM or other mod you have installed. We had similar problem before on roads but I thought it was solved.

All I wrote above applies only to standard cities, not PV/FV.
... My software ...
captainzana
HQTM-Team

Post by captainzana »

i dunno if its damaged, but when i play with cm i use my backup of the players folder and i let there ONLY the cars...

but, if the cities get exported to PKG (how reminds me to Mac OS X installers... <3) it would be nicer due that "gradiant" beetwen plain walls...

Also, the OTHER 3 PICS have the same ligthing, it seems that it dont affect to PSDL...

Also, you have seen your cities anytime?, they look like blue-ish (in white walls)...

Also, i dont understand then why the ligth have other focus instead the standard one on MGP...
testing with others and not, it seems, strange... Maybe they are in PSDL(What the... means that?)?

i think i should copypasta the other topic and insert here, what do you think?
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

There is already topic for city lighting - I suggest you to check it and maybe continue.
... My software ...
captainzana
HQTM-Team

Post by captainzana »

well, the last post is from 2004...

it itsnt dead?

i mean, i can do a copypasta of my posts but... i think that they alredy know that (did anyone see that image of the pink mustang with that other RGB buildings?)...
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

captainzana wrote:it itsnt dead?
You can always find other topic (there are many about lights) or bring it to life.
captainzana wrote:I think that they alredy know that
If they already know that, so why don't you ask them ??

:offtopic:
... My software ...