IRC-Channel for the HQTM-Team

We can find some informations about new cars here, additions etc., publicated by HQTM-Team.

Moderators: Frost, Luigi, HQTM-Team

MANfan
HQTM-Team

IRC-Channel for the HQTM-Team

Post by MANfan »

There is finally an IRC for the HQTM-Team.
You can talk there about their great creations, other cars, talk with other members of the forum or fans of MM2 and HQTM or plan your next MM2 multiplayer party.

Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #hqtm

IRC-Clients for Windows:
mIRC: http://www.mirc.com/ (Really bad and non-free Client [My Opinion]) -corrected-

IRC-Clients for Linux:
If you don't have a very unknown distribution, their should be many IRC-Clients with your distribution.
For example: Konversation for KDE or Gaim for GNOME.

For all systems:
ChatZilla (addon for Mozilla Firefox): https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/16/
XChat: http://www.xchat.org/ (Windows version is not free)
Seamonkey (it's ChatZilla too) and Opera have an IRC-Client Addon.

If you have any ideas, critics or suggestion please PM me, talk to me on the channel or post it here.

Bye,
MANfan
Last edited by MANfan on 2006-10-06, 22:22, edited 6 times in total.
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

Thanks MANfan :)

For the rest of members, please join the channel 8)
... You only have to know how to prepare query, google will do the rest ...
... My software ...
... Guide to Punctuation ...
georgy
HQTM-Team

Post by georgy »

Very good idea ManFan ;) Thx for making one finally :D just kidding

note: you can also use Mirc + nnscript to join/chat on irc ;)

http://www.mirc.com + http://www.nnscript.de

;)

Hf guys :D
Last edited by georgy on 2006-09-23, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
Sapphire x1650 Pro P0wD3R || Nice forum here ... :D
Thank you HQTM for your great creations and to give "playing MM2" another dimension ^_^
AutogamingCentral
|| Midtown Madness 2 COLOR
MANfan
HQTM-Team

Post by MANfan »

I'm sorry. georgy.
I wrote the wrong url at the MIRC line. :redface:

I've to correct me again:
XChat for windows is not for free, you can find here why: http://www.xchat.org/windows/ :(
georgy
HQTM-Team

Post by georgy »

No Problem mate, irc chat is irc chat :lol:

Other IRC communications that were created once in the past :D

server : irc.gamesurge.net
channel : #hqtm

server : irc.gamesurge.net
channel #midtownmadness
Thank you HQTM for your great creations and to give "playing MM2" another dimension ^_^
AutogamingCentral
felle__swe
HQTM-Team

Post by felle__swe »

I just can't find that server :? Ok, I'm a n00b (on irc), but I simply can't find it... :redface:

Can somebody give me a description how to come to that channel/server ? :redface:
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

What is the client software you are using ??
... My software ...
felle__swe
HQTM-Team

Post by felle__swe »

Maxoff wrote:What is the client software you are using ??
mIRC, will say I'm using Windows and IE... ;)
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

Have you tried any tutorials, for exmple this one ?? You have to add new server (irc.freenode.net) to the list, connect to it and then choose channel #hqtm (if it's not on the list, just add it too)
... My software ...
felle__swe
HQTM-Team

Post by felle__swe »

Maxoff wrote:Have you tried any tutorials, for exmple this one ?? You have to add new server (irc.freenode.net) to the list, connect to it and then choose channel #hqtm (if it's not on the list, just add it too)
Thanks, that tuto wasn't needed :P I'm now connected to that server ;)
georgy
HQTM-Team

Post by georgy »

I had many times several problems, and freenode kept telling me to register my nickname so I took a look on there website, because registering your nick isn't everywhere the same

like on gtanet.com it's a different commando than at freenode.

here it is:
User Registration.

* Why should I register my nick? Your nick is how people on freenode know you. If you register it, you'll be able to use the same nick over and over. If you don't register, someone else may end up registering the nick you want. If you register and use the same nick, people will begin to know you by reputation. If they're running IRC software which supports CAPAB IDENTIFY-MSG, they'll be able to tell when someone is spoofing your identity.

If a channel is set to mode +r, you won't be able to join it unless you are registered and identified to nickserv. If you try to join, you might be forwarded to a different channel. If a channel is set to mode +R, you won't be able to speak while on that channel unless you are registered and identified. Both of these modes are used to reduce channel harassment by DoS kiddies.

For more information on how to set up a registered nick, take a look here.

* What is the recommended way to set up my IRC nickname? Please follow these steps to set up your nick and configure your client. Check off each step to make sure it's been done:

1. Select a permanent, master nickname. Keep in mind the registered user name policy changes and try to pick a simple alphanumeric nickname for your basename, so that you won't lose your nickname reservation when the policy changes go into effect. If the nickname you want is registered but has not been used for at least 60 days, just ask a staffer and we'll be happy to drop it for you.

Please avoid using the name of a community project or trademarked entity, to avoid conflicts. Write down your password and be sure to keep the sheet of paper in a safe place.

2. Register your IRC nick:

/msg nickserv register <your-password>

3. Add a valid email address to your primary nickserv entry so that we have a way to reset your password, and so that we have it in case you want an 'unaffiliated' cloak. To keep your email address private, rather than displaying it publicly, first mark it as hidden:

/msg nickserv set hide email on

Then set the email address:

/msg nickserv set email <your-email-address>

4. Register an alternate IRC nick, using the same password. This will ensure that you have a way to get online as a registered user (keeping any cloak you may have) in case your nick becomes frozen (a "ghost"). Many clients will automatically add an underline to your nick at connect time if the nick you specify is unavailable. If you register the underlined nick, it'll help make that process work more smoothly. For example, if your primary nick is foo, register foo_ as your alternate if you can.

5. While using your alternate nick, link it to your primary nick:

/msg nickserv link <primary-nick> <your-password>

This will document that both nicks are owned by the same person, and will allow services to leave you identified (and cloaked) if you switch from your primary nick to your alternate and vice-versa.

6. If you're running an older version of xchat and you've requested a cloak, you may need to follow these instructions so that your client will properly identify to Nickserv before joining any channels. Recent versions of xchat appear to handle things just fine.

7. Configure your client to identify itself to nickserv automatically whenever it connects to freenode so that it's less likely you'll connect to the network without being identified to nickserv. The easiest approach is to specify your nickserv password as a server password.

8. If your client can automatically try an alternate nick, set it to use the alternate nick you just registered. In this way, you'll make it much less likely that you'll ever appear without your registration (or your cloak if you have one).

* What's the easiest way to identify to nickserv when I connect to freenode? Just plug your nickserv password into your client as a server password. You'll be identified to nickserv automaticaly when you connect. In some cases, it's more convenient to configure your client to send the command /msg nickserv identify YOURPASSWORD to achieve the same effect.

We recommend you read and follow the steps of the canonical nickname setup to make sure your client identifies reliably to nickserv.

* How can I tell when someone might be spoofing a user's identity? If your client supports CAPAB IDENTIFY-MSG, you can configure it to let you know when someone speaking on channel or via /msg is not identified to services. Scripts to take advantage of CAPAB IDENTIFY-MSG are currently available for irssi and mIRC, and a patch is available for sirc and ksirc. If you want other people using this feature to know that you're you, have your client identify to nickserv when you connect to the network. You should also follow the canonical setup steps for your IRC nickname.

When the registered user name policy changes associated with the NOIDPREFIX server capability go into effect, you'll be able to distinguished unregistered users by the tilde ('~') character at the beginning of their IRC nicknames.

* When do IRC nicknames expire? We consider IRC nicks expired after 60 days without use. Nicks which are at least two weeks old and which were last used less than two hours after their creation are also considered to be expired. These time limits do not apply to staff-reserved nicks, which are allocated and dropped as needed. Also, if the nick you want to register is someone's alternate nickname, and it's the only alternate nickname they have, we may be reluctant to drop it, even if it's expired.

If you're trying to get a nickname expired so that you can register it, please try to make sure you own the underlying alphanumeric basename. At some point we'll be changing over to NOIDPREFIX. The freenode policy page mentions the feature and there's more information here.

Finally, the nickname drop process will be replaced with a more direct request process when we move from services to Registry.

* How do you know the last time an IRC nickname was used? We know this only as a result of your identifying to nickserv when you connect to the network. If you don't identify, we'll have no way to know that your nick is in use, and it will eventually be dropped. You should also follow the canonical setup steps for your IRC nickname.

* How can I take over a registered nick that hasn't been used in a long time? Nicks which are considered expired are not dropped automatically on a regular basis. We do drop them when we notice them and, if you ask a staffer, we'll be happy to manually drop the one you want so that you can re-register it.

* I registered my nick and now someone else has it. Did someone steal it? How do I get it back? To keep your registered nick, you must continue to use it. If you don't sign onto the network for at least 60 days, or you don't identify to nickserv for at least 60 days, the nick is considered expired, and someone can ask to have it dropped. When a nick has been dropped and picked up by some other user, we can't take it back from them. That would be unfair to the user who picked it up.
AutogamingCentral
MANfan
HQTM-Team

Post by MANfan »

Thanks to you, mate. Totally forgot about this important thing. ;)
I hope you all have got some time to visit the channel now ... :567: