Making nissan 300zx.

You can presents yor projects like 2D/3D graphic, movies, programs, etc.

Moderators: Frost, Luigi, HQTM-Team

Nikko
HQTM-Team

Making nissan 300zx.

Post by Nikko »

I am making a nissan 300zx, and I have all of the modeling down, and I'm making textures.
Two Questions:

1. how do i put multiple colors on the car in game?
2.could I submit it to the team so they could do the dash and such??

I know q2 is very stupid, but I really cant do tuning multiple colors and all that stuff.
I can only model and texture. Plus I can do breakables. Now the question is:

can you answer me?
Maxoff
HQTM-Team

Post by Maxoff »

Nikko wrote:1. how do i put multiple colors on the car in game?
It's quite easy. Please refer to this topic. You should also read PKG.TXT which is placed in ZModeler\Filters directory. In that file you can find how paintjobs system works in MM2:

Code: Select all

...The right side of this dialog box is for adjusting names of custom paintjobs (for
multiple colors purpose). There is a checkbox that activates multiple colors sectino, 
"Replace suffix" and "...with suffix" edit boxes, list of suffices and two buttons: Add and
Remove.
	The idea is the following: suppose you need a car with three paintjobs: White,
Red and Racing skin. You creates all according textures and renames them to mycar_side_white
mycar_side_red, mycar_side_race, ..., mycar_rear_race. You get a three sets of texture.
Suppose, in ZModeler you have loaded _white textures set: thus you have to type "_white" in
"Replace suffix" edit-box. Then hit "Remove" button to remove default "_blue" entry from the
list. Type "_red" in "...with suffix" edit-box and hit Add button. Type "_race" in "...with
suffix" edit-box and hit Add button. Thus you'll have two entries in list box. The PKG
filter will generate three sets of textures in PKG file: first is default - all the texture
that have been loaded to ZModeler and used in obejcts remains unchanged; second - the same
textures, but with _white suffix been replaced to _red suffix; and the third set with _white 
suffix been replaced to _race suffix. All these textures should be in the Texture subfolder.
The MM2 will automatically apply a set of textures to a car when you change color in game.
Nikko wrote:could I submit it to the team so they could do the dash and such??
Sorry but no, because we are busy with CM now - it's important for us to finish it. We can help you, but we will not make anything instead of you.

Beside, in my opinion if you have finished 3D model and textures, you should try to make dashboard and rest stuff yourself 8)
... You only have to know how to prepare query, google will do the rest ...
... My software ...
... Guide to Punctuation ...
Nikko
HQTM-Team

Post by Nikko »

well, I see your point.

Will see what I can do with your dash tutorial.

Wait, can I release it on this site when it's finished and tested?