Midtown Madness 2 Heap Overrun , no fix for it ?

heap ovverun when i use many mods

Terminado
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Midtown Madness 2 Heap Overrun , no fix for it ?

Postby Terminado » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:01 pm

is there a way to fix that if no how can i know which mod causing the heap overrun ? for example when i changing cars the game crashes and heap overrun issue happens how can i know which car causing the issue ?? please do you know how to make a patch for this game to fix this problem ?? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:04 pm

Unfortunately, no patch to fix it is available and still nothing can be done to fix it definitely. It happens when you indeed have many mods put in the game, cars add-ons precisely, and the game do crash or while the first loading, or going in the vehicl eselection menu, or while scrolling the vehicles in this menu. To avoid this usual and normal problem of the game, don't put too much cars add-ons in the game folder, keep their number to about 15 removing the ones that you aren't using; essentially, bigger are the add-on cars .ar files, and less of them you have to put.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Terminado
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Terminado » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:07 am

oh ok that sux :( cuz theres too many great mods here does this happen because midtown 2 run out of memory or what ?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:23 pm

It's pretty so, MM2 gets this crashes because it goes out of memory, it's like if the game has limits in using the memory to load the game files including the add-ons and mods, and so when the amount and/or size of the exceeds this limit, it crashes. Other explainings are welcomed.
Keep in mind to use few add-ons per time, so you'll succeed to try all the releases that you want and you'll easily avoid to face again these game crashes.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby aaro4130 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:30 pm

I may be able to patch this soon, i found where it allocates heap and have a few ideas :)
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Postby e-cobra » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:17 pm

I may be able to patch this soon, i found where it allocates heap and have a few ideas :)
Sounds great, hope you'll be successful.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

MUDAK
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby MUDAK » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:40 pm

I solved the problem easier,i just made many copies of game,and have all car mods,for example racing cars i put in MM2 Racing Cars folder,buses in MM2 Bus folder etc.Of course it is here so many racing cars and all 1 folder game(MM2 Racing cars)cant run all of this,so i made MM2 Racing cars 1,2,3... and i have already 59 folders with all cars not only racing :D

P.S. But you can play all tracks game can run it,so you can make in all folders same tracks and have fun with different cars.

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:36 pm

I too have done the same! I have 3 folders and have distributed vehicles among them on the basis of buses, trucks and other types.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

funky_d
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Postby funky_d » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:42 pm

I too have done the same! I have 3 folders and have distributed vehicles among them on the basis of buses, trucks and other types.
This problem is very annoying too, it's crashing when I have all of Revisited v5 installed aswell as about 5 custom cars and an extra city... Are the folders just extra ones created in the "Midtown Madness 2" folder that you normally copy the .ar files to?

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:16 pm

No, I mean have two copies of MM2 on your hard disk, initially with no mods. Then add as many custom cars to the first one as it can handle, without crashing (giving heap-overrun). Once you've reached maximum cars that this first copy can handle, put the rest into the other copy of Midtown Madness 2 that you created. :wink:
[img][/img]