MM2 Revisited

V5.1 patch now released!

Sido
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Postby Sido » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:47 pm

thanks Sajmon it worked :wink:
No, I am not ready for Hell! I don't even have my good shoes!

-Edward Richtofen

Ralino
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Ralino » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:51 pm

I have another very crazy problem: In London I hear now the sounds of the track 'Scalextric'!!

Why do I have always so crazy bugs...?? :?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Good news about the 4.1 version patch, I guess that it'll be one .ar file that will result placed above the mod .ar file, of course, made for any mod feature present in the .ar file, all or few selected. If you're sure to have removed the London Eye related race name from the .info file it hasn't to result present in the London circuit races list...

For the working of a mod that conflicts with Revisited V4, is always needed to let it place above the Revisisted V4 file in file name sorting, so for the file name has to be used a space, like Sajmon says, or rename the Revisited V4 .ar file removing the space in the file name and adding more "!" symbols.

My Scalextric track uses the ferry boats .pathset files to give the sounds effects in it, and also the sounds files are edited too, so it kinda conflicts with the default game cities; for this reason, in my track .ar file there's an empty .pathset file for the removing of the boats in the default cities right to don't have the track sounds also in them, but since Revisited V4 has them and since it's placed above any other .ar file in the game folder, it cancels the ones in my track .ar file. To don't have this is better remove the Scalextric .ar file, place it only if you're going to play this track.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 pm

Yea, thats what I had to do to use other cop cars. I was going to say to include this fix for the patch, but realized it cant be done with a patch.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:59 pm

Amazing 4th version of your mod, it's the best environmental mod I've ever seen, keep it up! :D

circahasfallen
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

help

Postby circahasfallen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:01 pm

hey guys im new here and i was just wondering if anyone could help me with this problem i have with the v4 mod. everything installed okay but when i boot up mm2 it crashes while loading up the first loading screen thing....can anyone help me? :P

dageek
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dageek » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:38 pm

Remove some other addons from your MM2 directory.
[url=https://www.dageek.webs.com][img]https://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/photobukcet_dageek/Avatars/LamboSig.jpg[/img][/url]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:03 pm

So no other bugs have been found? Well, that's good.
Honestly, I may not make this patch. The bugs aren't very big, and I also dont play MM2 right now, because it is boring for me nowadays. And heck, after so much work with school, I am just too lazy to make it now.
Anyway, if I do decide to make it, I will post here.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Ok, I have decided to make the patch, since I have some intrest in MM2 right now. I have fixed 3 things.

• The issue with the london eye race still being in the list, causing issues with profiles.

Trees near big ben not showing up

Small issue with the green panoz roadster.

I will also be including the no default cars mod as a bonus addon.
Anything else you guys want to be included with 4.1? Now is the time to ask.

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby StanOfGB » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Well it's probably not related, but what's the fix for when RV4 interferes with other mods (negates them)?

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Usually you can fix this by putting "! ! !" with spaces, in front of the name of the file that wont work. Revisited has alot of files in it, so it is bound to cause conflicts.

Leolego29347
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Leolego29347 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:46 pm

Maybe some new traffic? You know how to make traffic mods, huh? :wink:

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby StanOfGB » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Maybe some new traffic? You know how to make traffic mods, huh? :wink:
This is only about fixes, not new features.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:28 pm

Well, enhancments too. So, if there is anything that could be better, let me know.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:58 pm

Ok release the previously waited patch, needed for some things, like the custom London race complete removing. I reported you the small issue with the Panoz Roadster green paintjob. :wink: Remember that the missing trees near the Big Ben has been made on purpose because new ones are placed by the London Mod 1, your mod is compatible with it; if teh default ones have to be replaced they haven't to "disturb" the ones of London Mod 1.
MM2 Revisited clearly isn't also a traffic mod with new vehicles models, if that's what you mean. Anyway, it already does some changes about the using of the default traffic vehicles in both SF and London. Remember that this mod keeps all game-related.
The no default cars mod would be better as stand alone release, not related with this mod, that on the contrary, has important features about default games vehicles.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|