MM2 Revisited

V5.1 patch now released!

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:40 pm

It's been uploaded, and yes, it does do quite a bit more. It also does all the things the original did. :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:33 am

I've tried it, nice improvements and new features. I want to publish it next week because sounds a bit weird after only two days release a new version of this mod; sincerely you could well made all these things and release only one, final mod.

In the Readme file there are some errors: you've written that this mod interfeir (or better say, there's a conflict between them) with your Drive On Water Mod V2 and that you should only use one at a time. Isn't so, but is the contrary; remember that the Drive On Water Mod V2 file is called !!!!watermodv2.ar, while the MM2 Revisited V2 file is called !!!mm2revisitedv2.ar, and with this, is the Drive On Water Mod V2 file above the MM2 Revisited V2 one, giving the problem with the London city INST file. Anyway, what you've written is right, there's a conflict between these mods.
Another thing is that you've forgot to write that is better delete the file of the first version of this mod before place the second one in the game folder.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:05 pm

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll try to add some more things, too.

EDIT: I've improved the bay bridge, by taking out duplicated faces/vertices, and making the support towers 3D :) . I tried to make the suspension cables 3D, like the golden gate bridge, but MM2 just crashes with cloud textures on high. :? So I have to have the 2D suspension cables, like the first one. Anyway, here are some pictures of it in Zmodeler:
Outside
Inside
Here is an ingame picture of it:
Ingame

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Postby Riva » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:32 pm

Good job so far, keep it up !

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:54 pm

The new Bay Bridge looks very cool now, great work. :)
Now would be worth put a ramp to let the player car go there, also if it won't look realistic. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Well, OK, but how would you get into the background area? A jump trailer?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:07 pm

Well, OK, but how would you get into the background area? A jump trailer?
A jump trailer is ok; you could put it in the highway zone.
Anyway the use of your Drive On Water Mod V2 is enough to me (it gives conflicts only to the London INST file).

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:11 pm

Or, I could make a tunnel in the underground parking garage. :scratchchin: It wouldn't be too realistic, but it beats a jump trailer :P

EDIT: I just thought to make a special version of the drive on water mod that would work with this mod. It would be included in the zip file. And of course, you would delete the other version of this mod.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Well, after hours of trying, I've failed at making it possible to drive on the bay bridge. :( I've tryed everything possible with the bound, but I always go through the ramp. I renamed the model, so the bbnd file wouldn't get in the way, but nothing worked. :x It would be cool, but it's not possible. :? It will just have to stay a background object.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:18 pm

Sounds weird that the bound object don't work; maybe it's made with too much polygons. :roll: Seems that it isn't created.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:58 pm

Actually, I tried to make a bound using only 2 polygons for one segment of the ramp, but it still didn't work. :wink:

New Updates:

1: I've created a new version of my Drive On Water Mod V2 that's compatible with MM2 Revisited Final. It will be included in the zip file.

2: I've finally got to fixing the problem with cars crashing into the leaves of trees.

3: I added night textures to the underground stations in London.

More updates comming soon. :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:14 am

Great, keep up the improvements to this very nice mod. :)
Actually, I tried to make a bound using only 2 polygons for one segment of the ramp, but it still didn't work. :wink:
Well, seems that the Bay Bridge PKG object don't want the bound.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:27 pm

OK, I take back all I said with the bay bridge not working. I just ran a test by moving the model, so the ramp was on the center axis, and it worked! However, it was in the middle of the bay. :wink: If I divide the bridge into several different models, people could be able to drive on the bay bridge!

Tonywolfe121
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Postby Tonywolfe121 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:43 pm

When you finish the bay bridge why not make a better, bigger island that the bridge goes to.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Well, That would work, except I can't model a town. :P I was planning on making a tunnel that spirals up, and turns around. Besides, if you go to far north on treasure island, you fall right through the ground, because that part of the island is on a different PSDL block that the rest of the bridge. BTW, I'm almost done. I just need to improve the model a little, add a tunnel, and a ramp. :)