Midtown Madness 2 2013/2014 Community Patch Discussion

Need help for fixes to do!

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 10 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:35 pm

In the long empty harbor the cops don't chase you there. They just stay away.

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby aaro4130 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:39 pm

A thing I just noticed! If you try to open the HUDMap in a track without a map, it crashes! A possible fix for that?
You can make a patch that includes a blank hudmap for each city without map, but thats a lot to do
Ah yes you reminded me,I was going to attempt the patch of the missing hudmap
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:17 am

lol, you could make the cops not chase people under 30 mph :lol:

Okay I know that's not possible. More seriously...how about a generic dashboard that puts itself in any car without one. Though maybe thats also not possible.

Is it possible to edit the bounds of the traffic cars? On occasion, I'm sitting at a stoplight, behind a car, behind a truck (or various vehicle combos), and the car in front of me goes into the car in front of it, literally, making it look like a mutated vehicle.
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 am

I meant by going on the highway in the beginning and then the traffic just stop. It happened without anything hitting anything.
It happens because you create a sort of obstacle to them. As said, in the highway there are some intersections, and according to the traffic working way of the game, they stop because of them, for first thing.
A thing I just noticed! If you try to open the HUDMap in a track without a map, it crashes! A possible fix for that?
Yes, this is a needed thing. It could be done like is with the vehicles sounds, where if one hasn't any file setting for them, automatically gets the Panoz GTR-1 ones (there's an apposite .csv file for this, ain't it uses directly the ones of that car).
Is it possible to edit the bounds of the traffic cars? On occasion, I'm sitting at a stoplight, behind a car, behind a truck (or various vehicle combos), and the car in front of me goes into the car in front of it, literally, making it look like a mutated vehicle.
The bound isn't involved. This is related with the traffic working way of the game, where sometimes it "recreates" the path for other traffic vehicles without removing the stayed traffic vehicles. Driving far away from this kind of situation and then returning back should let the game remove those stopped cars.
More seriously... how about a generic dashboard that puts itself in any car without one. Though maybe thats also not possible.
There's no point in doing this. It could have one if its missing made the game crash when going to view it, at the same way of the hudmap missing in an add-on track. Normally the game doesn't crash because of its and/or its camera files missing (what's that car without dashboard that makes the game crash to you, Aaro?).
The dashboard is obviously meant to be the real one of the car. Have a generic one which doesn't resemble or fit the one of the car that you're driving is senseless.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:17 am

Woah I didn't even see this topic until now. :P

The patch is great, but you should also include that ambient lighting effect that Franch suggested. :wink:
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Kunal2045 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:34 am

Unfortunately the patch doesn't work for me. I start the game, it loads up the short video at the start but doesn't really load the video, and thats when it crashes saying that the game stopped working. This also happens with the default .exe file in the directory. And the only thing that can fix this by starting up the game with the nomovie.exe. I don't know if you can add the nomovie's function to the community patch but if you can that would be great. Looking forward for more updates btw.
[align=center][color=black]Sig[/color]
[img]https://www.imgweave.com/view/4838.png[/img][/align]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:50 pm

It would be cool if the patch was made to change a skyscraper somewhere for a fire station, or a police station with a car parked out-front ready to chase you...
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Postby e-cobra » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:01 pm

It would be cool if the patch was made to change a skyscraper somewhere for a fire station, or a police station with a car parked out-front ready to chase you...
No need to amend the .exe for that, can be done by making a normal mod.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 10 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:39 pm

How about fixing the Heap Overrun error?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:44 pm

How about fixing the Heap Overrun error?
I had already proposed that, it's one of the first things to attempt to fix. The first reason is to allow the use of more cars add-ons without get this game crash error, at least this.
This is a city modding type change, and obviously isn't related with what this patch is meant to go to fix. Just check the other suggestions except the Triple_X's one, wrong as yours.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby aaro4130 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:55 pm

Working on a fix
- Best programmer

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Diatosta » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:26 pm

Thanks :) That's a thing that has always made me angry in an addon map :P
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby aaro4130 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:12 pm

Working!
- Best programmer

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:19 pm

Great, very good work. :)
After have fixed the game crashes because of missing vehicle showcase and missing hudmap, would be interesting attempt to fix also the game crash because of missing basename in the vehtypes.csv file for the cop cars; in case it's not present, it's used an horn or no sound by default. In few words, make something to avoid the game crashing when pressing the horn.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Diatosta » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:24 am

I always felt like that was a stupid thing. I mean, having to input the car base name in a file, otherwise it crashes? Shouldn't the game recognizes that if there's a siren object, just to deal with it? #FaultyCoding or #LazyCoding? :P
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]