2010 Mercedes Benz The new E-class Coupe

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:16 pm

The car is still in making by Ken7394, so you have to wait a lot to see it released and made for MM2. There's no update since about two months, maybe in the next months there will be some.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:03 pm

After long time there's an update by ken7394 about this awesome project, here his post.

Long time no see !!
There are few progress on the bumper with great details for the LED foglights, great work and perfect modeling. :) However, the polygons for only this part are really a lot; this is going to be an extremely high polygons model, that can well have problems to work in MM2, but sure not in recent games like GTA IV.
The polygons can look too much for only this part, but is possible to imagine how all the rest of the car model will be, with not too much and not too less polygons in the various parts, especially on the curved parts.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:37 pm

I am speechless. 8O

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:12 pm

New progresses by ken7394 for this model.

:)
Amazing progress if they have been made in only one day. :)

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby zoot » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:03 pm

that is amazing!!!! he is the god of zmodeler! :D

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby matt1314 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Amazing modeling, love the progress! :)

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby hastantyo » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:17 pm

amazing!!! 8O the body shape is perfect! :D but, someone was told me something for modelling a 3D car (scratch). i tried to remember it, and he said, "a 3D car/scratch projects has much/high poly model, is the best of the best. THAT IS WRONG. if there is too much poly, or faces, its not good for a 3D car. so, the best one is just made a simple faces (mid/low poly), but its perfectly shapped and the normals too, and THAT IS RIGHT" :wink:

ken7394
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Postby ken7394 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:33 pm

amazing!!! 8O the body shape is perfect! :D but, someone was told me something for modelling a 3D car (scratch). i tried to remember it, and he said, "a 3D car/scratch projects has much/high poly model, is the best of the best. THAT IS WRONG. if there is too much poly, or faces, its not good for a 3D car. so, the best one is just made a simple faces (mid/low poly), but its perfectly shapped and the normals too, and THAT IS RIGHT" :wink:
I won't change my mind. Stop bringing around.
I can do what I will with my own!
I am about sick of that words.
I cannot making cars without much polycount because bad habits.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:39 pm

Hastantyo has just said an his opinion about modeling, I don't see it as a critic, but everyone can take it as they thought. For a 3D car model made for games, is always better don't exceed with the polygons because can happen various problems, but make 3D models with a lot of polygons is well done also for other purposes, and that shows the best skills and patience of the modeler. There are a lot of sold 3D models that have more than 500000 polygons made for other purposes, and doesn't matter if the same model could look well the same with less polygons.

I invite Hastantyo to excuse with you if his words have hurted you, also because IMHO since Hastantyo isn't a professional modeler, he can well be wrong in what he has said, especially if he hear that by other people.

Keep up the great work Ken, make the model as you want. Possibly, keep update this topic, because I found pretty bad the fact that I have to do it instead of you. :wink:

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Postby Riva » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Either you try to get a poly limit or you make your model as you want it. To be honest, I don't have problems with high poly models in-game (MM2 or more). If this car works to MM2, it will be perfect.

Real low poly models (I mean less than 5k polys) were refered to video game but for these last years, it's well mid-poly models (more than 50k) because the real high poly models have several hundred of thousands polys. It's hard to define exactly a low/middle/high poly model.

In my opinion, low poly mean today less than 15k.
Low-middle polys have between 15 and 50k ;
Mid have 50k to 90k ;
And high poly more than 100k.

I don't really see anything to improve when I see the wireframe of this Mercedes. If you choose to make a low poly car, of course this one is almost done but it's not the case. Ken made other detailed models for MM2 and GTA without any problems.

Hyrumb
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Postby Hyrumb » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:41 pm

WOW!
Expert MM2 Modder
Best Mod's on earth at https://modcity.mmarchive.com/
[url=https://modcity.mmarchive.com/][img]https://modcity.mmarchive.com/images/k.gif[/img][/url]

DMXbr
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Postby DMXbr » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:54 pm

I totally Agree with Riva..

ken7394
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

side show

Postby ken7394 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Image Image
Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

Sorry for much polycount.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Zac4084 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:25 pm

No worries, atleast it's a good model. About 70/100 it will be over 100k. Good luck with so many polies. O.o

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:24 pm

Amazing progress so far, keep up the very good work, it's perfect. :wink: The polygons count hasn't increased a lot with the new modeled parts.