back

ps: my car have an weird blue tint.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:37 pm

I don't have a similar problem with the textures; maybe it's given by a conflict with some other textures because of their simple names, especially the wheels one (named wheel.tga). I don't have checked how has been saved those textures, but they could have a problem.
I'll give to you through a PM a my corrected version of your car.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

roland285
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Postby roland285 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:24 pm

is it an problem to save the texture files first as bmp from ms paint (and convert in tga with paint shop)?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:50 pm

It's not a problem with the textures, that weird blue look is just given by the 3D model: I've already told you to calculate its normals. But that weird green look for the textures maybe is given by the RLE compression enabled.
Anyway, I've improved it by calculating the model normals, adjusting the textures, changing the file names and fixing some file. Check my PM to get my improved version of your first car. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

roland285
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby roland285 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:26 am

oke the in-game version look good but...
if i am open de file in zmod have the car no texture!!
i have look in the material editor and the names are there but the textures are not loaded.
(do you have remove all the texture before exporting?)

ps: can i turn off that rle?

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:36 pm

He did not unload the textures before exporting. Otherwise, the car would appear light grey (no texture) in game too. Its just that whenever the z3d file (or pkg) is moved to different folders, the Material Editor doesnt keep track of that movement and "forgets" where the textures are in relation to the z3d file. So just load the textures again and dont move any files or folders.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

roland285
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby roland285 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:24 pm

oke thanks for the info.
is it an problem if the are two .ar files with the same texture names?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Of course you must load the textures to each materials of the .z3d file that I've included in the archive. It's a normal thing in ZModeler, because it registers the directories paths to find the textures, and since I've created that .z3d file by importing the .pkg, your textures path isn't registered. However your car is now ok in-game.
I don't have removed them before exporting, what sense has this? Don't ask non sense questions if you aren't sure of what you're thinking, because that isn't a problem...

And, of course it's a problem if two or more add-on .ar files uses textures files (and any other file type) with the same file name, this is why I've renamed them.

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years

Postby Silent1Unknown » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:26 pm

Textures with same names are a problem unless the textures are exactly the same. For example, many cars have fxltglow.tga texture and it doesnt cause any problems because the image content is the same all the time.

On the other hand, if there is a texture named color1.tga in more than one car's ar file, and each have different image content or dimension sizes, then that will be problematic. So, to be on the safe side, its recommended to make the texture name as unique as possible. You could do this by including your name, date or car's basename in the name. (Example: rolandcar1_color1.tga)

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

roland285
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby roland285 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:02 pm

thanks for the tips!
i remember it for the next time I create a car :wink: