V5.1 patch now released!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:48 pm

I could do it, but I wouldn't know where to put some of the props. :wink:
Well, you decide where put them, isn't this the big problem if you know how to add them in the in-game cities.
About the signals, like the ones of the obligation to turn to a direction and of the no entry, you have to place them following the London traffic directions, and it's pretty hard.
However, I think I've found a way to work around them. That's why I said maybe. :P
There's a lot to do to let the player car go there. Good luck. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 9 months

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:48 am

OK, I just made a discovery. The side gates on Buckingham palace are props. They're not related to the INST model. :o This means that it will be possible to bust down ALL of the gates. BTW, I've put in a little more detail to the inside fences since people will soon be able to go behind them. :D Soon, I'll be working on the Bay Bridge! :)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:32 am

Really, only in the Buckingham palace object called wl_buckpalacetest_l.pkg there aren't the gates, while in the wl_buckpalace_l.pkg, used in-game, they there are. Both are just the same with only the gates presence difference; you could use the one without the gates to replace the one with them, and then make the gates as PROPS objects.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Postby matt1314 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:04 pm

Nice idea to bust down all of the gates on the Buckingham palace. That would be more realistic. :D And I thought about to let the player car go onto the Bay Bridge. But I thought, that it's impossible. It would be nice, if it would be possible. :) But how to realize it? There'll have to be a bridge over the highway at Embarcadero and the island, which is at the end of the Bay Bridge, would have to be enlarged and a BOUND object will have to be added. :wink:

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:37 pm

Buckingham Palace was harder than I thought. I've almost got it done, but i was learning how to use the .dgbangerdata files along the way. About the bay bridge, I know it will be hard, but there could at least be a ramp in the background area leading up to it. My Idea was to connect a new road to one of the freeway exits. In MM2CT, I don't see the walls on the freeway, so ether MM2CT won't display them for whatever reason, or they're added in by another file. And if that doesn't work, then I can also remove PSDL blocks with it. Again, that's why I said maybe. :wink: But, there won't be any traffic on it. :(

EDIT: YES!!!!!! I've finaly done it! After several hours of trial and error, Buckingham Palace in finaly done! Here are some pictures:
Outer Gates
Inner Gates
Inner Gates Setup

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:34 pm

Fantastic, dummiesboy! Just fantastic! You're great! 8O

Robenue
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Postby Robenue » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:54 pm

yeah, i love the landing sounds when you recover from a deep hill =D
[img]https://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq322/KCHANSHINOBI/ks.png[/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:44 pm

Great work with the Buckingham Palace gates; so you meant to make PROPS objects only those gates, not all of them. In fact do a similar things is pretty easy. :wink:

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:03 pm

Thank you all for you're great comments! :D I'm glad you like it! I will release this mod soon, but first, I'll try the bay bridge. Remember, if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to tell me. 8)

@Franch88: Yes, I wasn't planning on making the all of the fencing breakable, just the gates. :wink:
Last edited by dummiesboy on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:06 pm

Yeah, we know, dummiesboy! I wish you a lot of success for the Bay Bridge and hope to see it released in a week. Bye! :adios:

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:36 pm

OK, unfortunately, the Bay Bridge won't work. :( When I saw a tool to remove PSDL blocks in MM2CT, I didn't know that it would only remove blocks based on what texture they had. So unless there was a ramp in the middle of a road that led to it, there aren't any possible ways. :? This means that I'll release it very soon, I just need to test it all out first. 8)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:41 pm

For the Bay Bridge, you can just edit its .pkg file improving the H object, that's the main model, and also adding a ramp that will allow the player car to go on the Bay Bridge. I suggest also to add the lights poles to improve it.
Possibly make the road detailed like the Golden Gate Bridge.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:47 pm

The only problem with that is you would have to get into the background area first. Besides, I want to make it realistic, and easy to get to it.

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:12 pm

I'm ready to release it! :) I'll upload it to this website very soon. 8)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:17 pm

The only problem with that is you would have to get into the background area first. Besides, I want to make it realistic, and easy to get to it.
I know, it's pretty hard to build a credible road that will bring you to the back part of SF, possibly directly above the Bay Bridge.
I'm ready to release it! :) I'll upload it to this website very soon. 8)
Ok, I hope that the new things are a lot and that this new version does also the things that the first version does.