Post Apocalyptic Islands

Something I'm making...

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:16 am

@Carmaniac, yeah, because of you. :)
And I'll break those big triangles into smaller pieces. :wink: The vertices where water meets land weren't at same level so I leveled them again and then made water. First test in-game soon..
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

telamon
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 3 months
Latvia

Postby telamon » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:54 pm

Looks like MM2 will explode while loading the map.Nice work BTW.
BANG... And the dirt is gone!

coolguy102
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Postby coolguy102 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:15 pm

Nice track!, looking forward to it

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:50 pm

After a long time of doing nothing, today I decided to make it work in MM2. First run:

Its all pkg stuff and there's a big GROUND_ beneath this. I'll rename and do other things to include ground objects where grass and water effects have to be.

Some faces on the other side are white because I wanted to assign 'dirt' texture to them, but don't know the exact name of it.

This huge gap sucks: Its too long to be jumped by an average car, got to make it small.

I'll put a breakable gate here...

The runway:

I'll eventually try to fix all the texture bugs (by making them ground objects) and some other things too. :)
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:16 pm

That's great!

hungarymate
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Postby hungarymate » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Wow, nice progress!

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Wow! Did you made those UFOs which you said before?
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Great look in-game so far. :wink:
Since all the map is made by using PKG objects, you must map all the textures that you use for them, and looking to the screenshots, seems that you haven't done this (the grass texture is all plan green with clouds shadows right because there's no mapping assigned). To get the surface grass, dirt and smoke effects for the vehicles' wheels, you need to set them to their bound files (there's an apposite way to use with MM2 City Toolkit). The ambient fog .csv file is also missing.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 9 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:35 am

Looks Awesome. :)

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:50 am

Great track, e-cobra! Good progress, as well. :D
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:06 am

Thanks, I was (am) working on an idea that would make driving trains in MM2 possible. I made a railway track in Blender:

The plates on the sides of the track will be assigned to transparent texture and will be totally invisible. I'll lower them towards the ground and make a plane in between them, which would be invisible too.
Next, I'm making a locomotive (yes, really!);

Its bound would be so adjusted that it fits completely inside the railway track. I'll set bound friction in the vehicarsim and .bnd files to 0 (I've tried that on a car and it slipped flawlessly).
This locomotive will have extremely less turning radius for the front wheels, just to restrict steering. :)
The track will start from the origin of the track, facing north so that on starting game, the locomotive fits into it.. If everything happens to what I've expected, then we'll be able to drive a locomotive that is bound to the track like real trains.

This is currently experimental and if it worked, I'll include it in the track.
[img][/img]

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Diatosta » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:03 am

Awesome! Now I'll be able to play Train Simulator inside MM2 :D
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Interesting concept...and something to stick around for. But if the train starts in the track, wouldn't any car start on the track?
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:40 pm

Very nice project, e-cobra! I love the thinking. :)
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:12 pm

Interesting concept...and something to stick around for. But if the train starts in the track, wouldn't any car start on the track?
Yes, any vehicle will start on the track. I'll keep those invisible guide rails comparatively lower at the starting portion, so that a normal car can drive from above them. :wink:
[img][/img]