Dashboard problem

Dashboard just in the midle of the screen

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Dashboard problem

Postby Diatosta » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Sorry if theres already a topic about this, but I didnt find anything.

The my problem is that in every car, default or not, the dashboard appears just in the middle of the screen or a part is cutted :( , like the example below

Do anyone know whats happening and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:43 pm

This happens because you're using a 16:9 screen resolution, where the view is wider than the dashboards. Being old, MM2 is obviously made to be played with 4:3 screen resolutions, at least if you want to use the dashboard views.
A way to fix it is zoom-in the dashboard from its settings .asnode file, but it's not possible with all the add-on cars. For the default game cars, there's this fix, and an updated version will be present in Revisited V5.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:49 pm

After I put the mod, none of the cars have changed.

So do you or anyone else explain me please how to modify the files to make them work right, so I can make the dashboard of all the cars (addon and default) be in the right resolution?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:35 am

But use a 4:3 screen resolution, adapt for MM2, wouldn't be better? You aren't forced to use the native 16:9 one of modern screens with old games, and through graphic cards drivers, both of AMD and Nvidia, is possible set to have a black area around the image when it's littler than the native resolution of your screen, so to don't have it upscaled and deformed.

The file to edit is placed in the Tune folder, and it's called *basename*_dash.asnode (the *basename* part differs from vehicle to vehicle). The value to change is the third one (Z axle, works like zoom) of the first setting, called DashPos. To zoom in, it has to be negative, a value of about -0.7 should be proper.
For the not locked add-on cars, open the .ar file with WinRar or 7-Zip programs, go into Tune folder and extract the .asnode file for the dashboard. Open it with Notepad and do the edit, then save. Now add the file in the archive and in the same folder using drag and drop way. Run the game and check the change.
For the default game cars, you have to extract only those kind of files from the game mm2core.ar file using DeAR 2 program; you'll get a folder called Tune in your MM2 game folder. Then, do the edits to them as already explained, make a .zip file of this Tune folder and rename the extension to .ar. Place a bunch of "!" symbols ahead the file name, for its sure working.
After I put the mod, none of the cars have changed.
Right, that mod isn't really made for this issue, I've now checked it.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:54 am

Thank you very much, now they are in the right place. I modified the files, as the low resolution was... too low to be right and was way too sharpened.

Anyway you can now lock the topic if you want.

P.S.-Do you know any mod that fixes this?, If not, maybe ill make it and distribute it.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:10 am

The visible "end" of the dashboard on the sides depends also by the used resolution, in 4:3 too. When it's too much low, more of the dashboard sides is visible.
Do you know any mod that fixes this?, If not, maybe ill make it and distribute it.
You still mean a mod that fixes the default game vehicles dashboards for widescreen resolutions? So far there none as seems, the previously suggested one instead a dashboard cameras related thing. But, as previously said, and about it I wasn't wrong, in MM2 Revisited V5 package there will be an optional fix for this.

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Diatosta » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:13 am

Ok so ill keep it to myself, as revisited is almost there, in fact, do you know when it will be available? (sorry off-topic)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:22 am

Ok so ill keep it to myself, as revisited is almost there, in fact, do you know when it will be available? (sorry off-topic)
Within this month it'll be released, final archive is ready, requires check and tests.

Topic done.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:25 am

Within this month it'll be released and published, final archive is ready, requires check and tests.

Topic done.