About games...

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 9 months

Need your advice

Postby matt1314 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Hey there, pals!

It's me, Matt. Just coming here to ask my friends about their own opinion about the following issue:

I'm normally someone who doesn't play Ego-Shooter games at all. I don't like killing people and all of that violence etc. I normally play racing games like NFS, F1 2011, Driver San Francisco or sports games like FIFA 12 or even other games like Minecraft and various simulators.
But a few days ago I suddenly had interest to check out a shooter game, Battlefield 3. I got it (I'm already 18 BTW :P), installed it and started checking it. I like games which have a story line, like Portal 2 for example. I loved that game!
But back to BF3. I wanted to have it to check the capabilities of my GPU and CPU to see how well other games run on my PC other than racing games. I set up all the settings and started checking it. It was quite strange for me to play the first FPS game ever, holding a gun in my hands and needing to kill people to progress in the game. But after a few levels I was amazed how well it runs on my PC. Like 30-40 FPS on nearly max. settings.
Some minutes ago I quit the game to go to eat something. My parents are aware of my opinion that I don't play shooter games and personally hate them. They got really disappointed in me and told me to delete BF3 immediatly. But I wasn't quite finished with testing my PC with that game and I want to continue a bit. I didn't get any aggressive feelings after quitting the game or someting like that.

So shall I delete it in your opinion or stay with it to play it silently when my parents don't see/hear it? Personally, I don't want to hide something from my parents, I just want to continue a bit and see how well it runs in other levels. I told that to my parents but they didn't change their opinion and told me to delete it and that it's very bad for my brain. I know these games are bad but it's actually the only one I wanted to test. I never ever want to play another FPS.

Thank you in advance, mates. :)

IamLegend
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Postby IamLegend » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:58 pm

I played Team Fortress 2, Modern Warfare 2, Counter Strike, and yet my parents don't care about it.

As long as BF3 won't destroy you then everything should be fine.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Thank you but my parents know that I don't like shooters and they are disappointed about that I started to play one. That's the main problem. So far it didn't influence me in my actions and I'm not addicted to it at all.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Postby HummersRock » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:15 pm

I'm not sure how it's bad for your brain exactly, in fact it could be good for your brain in similar way as other video games.

But it sounds to me like they don't want you to be playing these types of games and that they think these kinds of games are bad for people. So I guess you would need to convince them otherwise and/or that they will not negatively effect you. That could be hard.

If I were you though, I wouldn't delete it, and I would try to convince them that they aren't bad for you, and that you are smart enough and mature enough to not be negatively effected by them, especially in extreme ways, which I'm sure you are.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:28 pm

Thank you for your help, mate. I could try that but I'm not so sure if it works, it might even become worse. They are already not satisfied that I'm spending only one sunday for games (which is the most appropriate day in the week to me) and not for other things. I'm doing my homework, I prepare myself for school (I'm okay at school, not superb, but okay) etc. and they still want more... I'm more kind of a silent guy, not like my classmates which are always like screaming and doing crazy things and that's also why I never liked shooters. And they play shooter and soccer games as well (although they aren't 18, but 16/17), they don't like racing games or others.
I have a mate at school and he plays all kinds of games, from shooters to racing and strategy. And he's good at school!

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:25 pm

Actually they cannot say that you should delete it. It's your computer and your games, I was few years old and cousin was letting me play Duke Nukem and Doom games, I don't remember that someone said that its bad for me or my psychics

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Triple_X » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

well i play all kind off games , Racing , Strategy , Combat , Zombie etc etc , and i had problems with my parents alot mostly with my mom , she hates violence in every direction , she even hates when i play or watch american football (i think it's cuz she's a female ) but I never actually stopped playing and also they have problem that i used to play a bit too much , but in your case mate it really seems odd , i mean you play one day on the week and you're not bad at school it's kind of strange , i play every day (at least 30-60 minutes) . And it's not that i'm really really great at school , i'm lazy when it comes to study , i only do it before the big exams and that is in the final weeks of the year , but we all have different parents so I don't want you to loose your PC cuz i said that you should keep playing but they probably will understand that it's just another game and wont affect your life and actions (hopefully :P )
[color=white][b][u]MM2X Awards : [/u][/b]

[img][/img] | Funniest Active Member [/color]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:21 pm

Thank you, pals for your replies.

Well, I tried to convince them, it didn't help unfortunately. They didn't react like being annoyed, they just said that these games are trash and nothing good at all. So, I don't know what to do...

Yesterday I played a bit in the evening so that they couldn't see it but I still don't want to hide my playing from my parents. They are not really satisfied with my school results. I'm trying hard to get better but I also want to have some fun. Normally they don't react when I play other games but they were angry when seeing me playing a shooter...

telamon
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 14 years 4 months
Latvia

Postby telamon » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:23 pm

Well its your opinion, you could keep it ,but if it were me I would watch what parents are tinking I say that i play for few days and then play racing games that was at begining when i got a FPS but now there arent so much racing games to play whit geforce fx5500 and i CANT get an update like you do guys if i could have update whenever i want i would have only racing games on pc.

I am sorry that you may not understand my grammar but you proabtly get my idea so at the end i say keep it for few day's
Finish it. and then get back to racing games. Parents will probatly understand that you try something new.Everyone has to try something atleast!

I am very sorry for my spelling errors in grammar.
BANG... And the dirt is gone!

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:58 pm

Thank you, telamon. I understand your point.

BF3 is my first and last shooter, just to tell you guys as I don't like shooters. I'll just finish it and get back to my normal games again. I hope my parents won't punish me if they see that I'm playing a shooter game again...

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 3 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:46 pm

Just asking, but what would they say if they would you see playing a GTA game? A shooting game but you spend most of the game inside the car

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:42 pm

Hmm, don't know, I actually never was interested in GTA. Probably they wouldn't say anything...

IamLegend
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 4 months

Postby IamLegend » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:02 am

If sexual innuendos aren't your thing then you will be disgusted by the GTA series, trust me.

You know, I really don't know what will happen if you're planning to get Need for Speed: The Run, it's a mixture of racing and some sweet action scenes...

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member

Postby matt1314 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:20 pm

I really don't plan on playing GTA. I wasn't convinced by this game.

Yes, I plan to get NFS The Run. I know there are some scenes with that woman but it's another thing than the shooter games. I played yesterday a few minutes again. I'm measuring my gameplay time with BF3 so that I don't get bad dreams or something like that so I don't play it before going to bed etc. So far I think my parents didn't know that I played some days ago and I think that's okay. I can't convince them at all... but as I said, I just play a few missions then I quit the game and continue it on the next day so that I don't get badly influenced by it.

Triple_X
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Triple_X » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:30 pm

lol mate no offense but are you sure you're 18 ??? xD :P Bad Dreams xD
[color=white][b][u]MM2X Awards : [/u][/b]

[img][/img] | Funniest Active Member [/color]