MM2 Revisited

V5.1 patch now released!

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby dummiesboy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:34 pm

I imagine that would take forever, placing them on all pedestrian crossings... I'll look into it, but don't expect much if it's that much work.

leo98mm2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby leo98mm2 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:52 pm

So, what to do now, DB?

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:01 pm

So, what to do now, DB?
Well, I can't think of any thing else to do really. I tried Toy's idea, but couldn't find a way to do it...

I'm thinking this is near ready for release, just gotta finish up some stuff... eventually. :P

leo98mm2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby leo98mm2 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:08 pm

So, what to do now, DB?
Well, I can't think of any thing else to do really. I tried Toy's idea, but couldn't find a way to do it...

I'm thinking this is near ready for release, just gotta finish up some stuff... eventually. :P
What was Toy's idea? And what does this patch include? :wink:

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Postby RacingFreak » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:40 pm

What was Toy's idea? And what does this patch include? :wink:
This is Toy's idea:
I have a suggestion: It is possible mod the default dashboards to shake itself a bit like in MM1?

I do not remeber which but I have seem some MM2 addons with shaking dashboards.

leo98mm2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby leo98mm2 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:31 am

oh, ok. :wink:

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Don't worry guys, this mod isn't dead. Midas has been working on a program that can edit BAI files, and it will be used to add some stuff to 4.2! Specifically, it will add pedestrians to the London Underground stations, and traffic through Admiralty Arch. This was planned for the original release of V4, but didn't make it.

Anyway, other than those BAI edits, the update is pretty much done. I'll post here again when everything is done, although I'm not sure when that will be. Soon, though.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby HummersRock » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Sounds great man. :)
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:38 pm

So in all this time you're waiting for a .bai files editor by Midas, it's a worth thing, those chances of edit are really great. :)

I thought to suggest you this other edit to London, about objects adding: in the game London is there the place to put this building? The modeling part is really easy, the important is don't use too much polygons for it, the texturing one maybe it's more harder.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

twcfan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Postby twcfan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:33 pm

ok i got 1 more idea 4 revisited maybe u can add the ppl that were inside the cable car in the beta version??

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Kunal2045 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:10 am

Great to get the update. :) The link to the picture of the building that Franch posted on looks really nice. I think you should make it. If you want. ;)
[align=center][color=black]Sig[/color]
[img]https://www.imgweave.com/view/4838.png[/img][/align]

leo98mm2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby leo98mm2 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:20 am

So it IS possible to have people on the underground stations? Ok! :)
I asked that before and then Franch wondered if I was joking?!

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Postby cody » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm not rushing, but when it's finished, could you post a download link for Midas's Bai editor (At least a beta version)? I want to tune the bai of San Francisco so that cars can go through the transbay terminal (in the SE part of the city), as well as other fixes.

Nice building. Reminds me of a seashell.
My Member Number is prime. LOL!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 17 years
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:23 pm

Good suggestion for the people inside the cable cars, but it has to be done well, unlike it was in the beta of the game, that looks bad from a screenshot. Good idea have also the traffic (possibly only the buses) going on the Transbay Terminal road to the highway, this can well be included in the incoming mod patch. For my suggestion, if there's the same real place to put that building, like has been for the London Eye, is good consider it, otherwise not.
I kinda remember that you asked me that, but I don't remember what was my reply (you're really sure that I told you if you were joking?). However, actually it's still impossible or at least really hard do that with what's available so far, if Midas is developing a .bai files editor, the first real one, this opens interesting opportunities of traffic and pedestrians working editing.
I'm not rushing, but when it's finished, could you post a download link for Midas's Bai editor (At least a beta version)?
Don't you think that's decision of only Midas post the download link of his program, and when he wants?
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby dummiesboy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:12 pm

I thought to suggest you this other edit to London, about objects adding: in the game London is there the place to put this building?
There is actually no place for that. The place I would put it ingame is already occupied by a sky scraper that kinda looks like it. Good idea though.
ok i got 1 more idea 4 revisited maybe u can add the ppl that were inside the cable car in the beta version??
I thought about that before. But there are a few things. When you derail it, and it tips over, it would look weird. And also, the 2D peds dont look good. A good idea though.

In theory, yes. It still needs to be tested though.
I'm not rushing, but when it's finished, could you post a download link for Midas's Bai editor?
That would be up to Midas, not me. :wink:
Good idea have also the traffic (possibly only the buses) going on the Transbay Terminal road to the highway, this can well be included in the incoming mod patch.
Actually, no. The sign above the entrance says "Bus Traffic Only"
I could try to put the exceptions line in the aimap to use, so that only buses go up there, but I'm not sure if that would work. I'll look into it when the time comes though.