Need to make an object lighter.

Would come in handy.

RK4000
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Postby RK4000 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:29 pm

Ok. To clarify things. The pole mod works in multiplayer, both me and all the people i play with have it installed. It works flawlessly. I'm talking about other mods, some make me crash, some don't.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:37 pm

Well, the mod working in multiplayer mode issue is closed. For the problem of some mods that make you crash the game, and is also needed to know when the game crashes, may depends by various things. For the cop and traffic mods for example, if you're using too much intensity of traffic, and high polygon player car, a pretty high screen resolution etc., is foreseeable that the game crashes, and in this case it crashes while the city loading, because it isn't able to manage the polygons of all these elements, said in simple words. MM2 uses a small amount of memory, the "Heap Overrun" error is caused by this, for example.
I've suggested a thing to do in the previous posts, read it, maybe it can fix this pretty weird problem, especially if the game crashes happen during the game loading, rarely a mod causes a crash in that moment, cars and tracks add-on do that.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

RK4000
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby RK4000 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:58 pm

The game crashes at the first loading screen, right after the intro.

dageek
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dageek » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:32 am

Removes some cars, cities, etc. from your mm2 directory
[url=https://www.dageek.webs.com][img]https://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/photobukcet_dageek/Avatars/LamboSig.jpg[/img][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:58 am

Maybe he for "other mods" means right the ones better defined as add-ons, that indeed add new stuff in the game, like new cars and tracks...
When is so, as said lot of times, you haven't to keep too much of them in the game folder, the game isn't able to read them all. Remove some till there won't be anymore the game crash during the first loading and also while the cars selecting. Keep a number of about 20 cars add-ons and some track add-on.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

RK4000
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby RK4000 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:51 am

This crash happened with only 1 mod in the folder.

LTV_boss
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Postby LTV_boss » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:24 pm

Franch how's called the dbangerdata file(s) for those barriers?
ImageBest sig Evah.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:05 pm

So the game crashes when you have only one mod in the game folder? That's strange, if the player profile deleting doesn't fix that, would be worth try to uninstall and install again the game, with the Windows XP Patch and the Speed Boot.

The .dgbangerdata files for the barrier objects are called sp_barricadeconcl.dgbangerdata and sp_barricadeconcr.dgbangerdata; they're two for left and right directed arrows.