How do you put damage textures on the cars?

mm2rider
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

How do you put damage textures on the cars?

Postby mm2rider » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:03 am

The topic says it all. How do you put damage tex on any car I want? I know it is not UT. Any other programs?

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Postby RacingFreak » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:32 am

Hi !

In order to have a textured damage, you`ll need simply to, add an _dmg suffix after each car-related textures. This should be working :)

mm2star
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 13 years 10 months

Postby mm2star » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:59 am

RacingFreak, he told me he can't understand. I told him the same thing when he PMed me. How if you explain it nicely to him? He is just 7 yrs old and I am 12 yrs. :roll:
[img]https://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/mm2star/Ford2.jpg[/img]

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 8 months

Postby RacingFreak » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:45 pm

OK guys, no problem :wink:

So, it should be the texture, with which, the car`s mesh has been textrured:
In that example, it`s named "vpplayercar5.bmp". So, do an damaged textures, over these:
And name the texture as - "vpplayercar5_dmg.bmp" as _dmg is needed, in order, to have a textured damage simulation on the car :)

Hope this helps!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:11 pm

As RacingFreak's shows, to add the damages textures for the car is needed the _dmg suffix at the end of the texture file name and it has to look like his examples. Is knowing jsut a minimal knowledge of MM2 car making and game modding.
But, for almost all the cars conversions this thing can't work, because they use many textures and for the paintjob is just used a simple plain colored texture. Obviously, there's nothing to do if the car .ar file is locked. Damages textures aren't used so much for that reason, and then because they make the .ar file bigger. Also, this is a thing more addicted to low polygons 3D models, that use only one texture for paintjob mapped to all the car model (most of the times).
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|