ZModeler filter for Midnight Club 1

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

ZModeler filter for Midnight Club 1

Postby RacingFreak » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Hello there!

Are there any news about a ZModeler filter for Midnight Club 1? I know that the traffic cars uses .pkg extension, which should be the same as MM2`s. is that possible?
I saw many of them converted in a mod long time ago, that`s why I`m asking. Thanks in advance.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:20 pm

ZM1 is no more updated by his creator, Oleg.

But maybe someone from the MC1 community made a new plugin for this video game like Maxoff do, few years ago, for MM2.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:45 pm

Midnight Club 1 uses .pkg files, like MM2, but they aren't exactly like the MM2 ones, in fact both the Maxoff's programs and the PKG filter of ZModeler can't open/import them. Many other aspects of this game are very similar to MM2. I kinda wonder how has been possible get the conversion of the New York City from that game to MM2, maybe there's an apposite tool, plug-in or ZModeler filter.

ZModeler is isn't anymore supported by the creator since more than 5 years.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

dageek
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dageek » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:27 am

[url=https://www.dageek.webs.com][img]https://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad294/photobukcet_dageek/Avatars/LamboSig.jpg[/img][/url]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:56 am

Ah yeah, forgot about that. With those tools by Volky (a.k.a. LV_Volk) maybe is possible to convert also the Midnight Club 1 .pkg files to the Midnight Club 2 .xmod files, besides the MM2 ones, and then convert them back from .xmod to .pkg, so now the file can be imported in ZModeler.
Well, I've tried to do that (I've a disc image of Midnight Club 1 game), but doesn't work; the tool says that's not a .pkg file, it doesn't recognize Midnight Club 1 .pkg files.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Volky
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Volky » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:20 am

Hi guys.
Perhaps there is error in my converters. Nobody asked me for help so I was absolutely sure that all is working fine. I will check this.
Franch88, can you tell me name of file you tried to convert and steps you did?

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby RacingFreak » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Thanks!

Nope. Not any errors in both convertors. From pkg to xmod and back tools have done great work of extracting a lot of cars from Midnight Club. Thanks again "Volky" for making these tools! :D

PS
I get the london police car after messing around a bit. I really loved that car in MC, and I think it will fit great in MM2:

So, extracting pkg cars from MC is fully possible!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:22 pm

Good to know, so is really possible convert the Midnight Club 1 .pkg files with the Volky's tools, as he said too, anyway. :)
Franch88, can you tell me name of file you tried to convert and steps you did?
Don't rememebr their names, but I'd tried with the .pkg files of the Midnight Club 1 London city. What I did just just drag and drop one file over the program .exe file, as explained in its Readme file too.
Maybe your tool works only with the Midnight Club 1 cars .pkg files. Should try more, that was just a quick one.

Volky
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Volky » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:34 pm

OK, now someone approved that tools are working.
Tool from_pkg (or pkg2xmod - older version) will extract data from any PKG file (MM2 or MC1) as they have almost same format. But conversion from MC1 PKG can have incorrect data for normals and sometimes for textures.