Help with city making

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Help with city making

Postby zoot » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:15 pm

:( I made my city,textured it,and put it in the game,but when I play it, my car falls through the ground. Can someone help me?
One more question,how can I connect vertices in zmodeler that are different objects, like GROUND_ and SW1_ ? When I detach them to make oblects, the vertices disconnect. I think this is my problem!!!
Can someone HELP!!!???
:?: :?:

Thanks, cardude1996

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:08 am

If you've made the terrain of your city in PSDL make sure that it hasn't vertices errors when you import the .3ds file in MM2 City Toolkit, otherwise you have to check the model or re-make it. If you've made roads parts for traffic, you have to model them in a certain way.
Isn't possible unite the vertices of two different objects. After have detached an object to make two, there will be double vertices in the parts where they were united, but these double vertices are one in each object. This is normal, it isn't a problem.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:24 am

when I make the psdl, it says that there is a "perimeter error"
in the GROUND_ object. What does this mean?!!? :?

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Postby HummersRock » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:38 am

Maybe I misunderstood you Franch, but it is possible to reunite vertices once detached, you just have to unite the objects first, or is there something about Zmodeler that prevents that to work for objects previously detached? Because I know it works fine when taking a newly created object and attaching it an old object, and if it will be part of a GROUND object it is fine.

Alright, now, perimeters error means that somewhere on your track/city/map, there are one or more unconnected vertices, and it is occurring on or at the edge of the/one of the GROUND object(s). Try using Select>Separated, and the Select>Invert; then look for the faces that are glowing red, these should be the problem faces. Delete them, remake them, and them texture them appropriately.

Your problem is not that you disconnected some faces from the GROUND object to create the SW1 object, that will be fine as it is needed for MM2City Toolkit to generate traffic, pedestrians, and police for your city.

EDIT: Also, texturing a actually city is not needed and most likely cause texture problems when you get the city in-game. So before you get the city fixed and detach everything, select all of the faces, then use Surfaces>Mapping>Reset UV to remove the mapping. I'm almost positive that MM2City Toolkit textures everything as it should be as long as you have the correct texture names, etc appropriately done in Zmodeler. I could possibly be wrong (I'm not positive), so you might want to check Maxoff's tutorial again.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:03 am

You misunderstood both of them Hummers. :P They were talking about uniting vertices from 2 different objects. Thats never possible. :wink:

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

I have tried EVERYTHING!!!

Postby zoot » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:21 pm

:( :!: I have tried EVERYTHING!!! I have put posts up and checked ALL the vertices are connected,followed all the tutrials, it looks fine in the psdl, but when it loads in MM2, it crashes!!!
Can someone help me ??!! I have tried everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plz help!!!1
carking1996

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby HummersRock » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:19 pm

Well there could be other problems, such as the textures being too big (like 1024x1024, 2048x2048, or if there are a lot of textures, possibly even 512x512 causing problems), the city being too big, or too many objects.

If you have really done everything correct and it is just a small simple city with 3 roads and 2 intersections, then that is pretty odd. You could always send to ar to someone and see if they can run it. Make sure that it is the only add-on in your mm2 folder; other cars, cities, and mods could be conflicting with yours and causing mm2 to heap.

If it still fails then you could always send your city to someone to have them check it out, such as me. There could be one tiny problem that is causing it crash mm2 that you have just missed. MM2 is very fussy.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Help with new city!!!

Postby zoot » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:04 am

When I make different objects in zmodeler the vertices always disconnect. I am putting traffic in my second city. In mm2ct, it always says that their is a perimeter error. That tells me that their are disconnected or seperated vertices. How do I fix this from happening? Please Help. I have followed Hummersrock tutorials.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 am

Please post all your helping requests and questions about tracks making here, don't create new topics about the same argument, thanks.

If you want to put a new complex objects they must be made in PKG, so you need to call them PH1_, PH2_, etc. Complex objects can't be made in PSDL, otherwise you'll get the disconnected vertices problem or other worse problems. Check also the official program tutorial about how make a simple city with traffic, objects and cops.

PS: would be good for the community post a topic about your city making projects.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Re: Help with new city!!!

Postby HummersRock » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:11 am

When I make different objects in zmodeler the vertices always disconnect. I am putting traffic in my second city. In mm2ct, it always says that their is a perimeter error. That tells me that their are disconnected or seperated vertices. How do I fix this from happening?
Splitting the track into different objects to allow for traffic will not cause perimeter errors. Some problem within one or more of those objects is causing the error(s).

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Invisible buildings?

Postby zoot » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:12 am

All of you might know that i am making chicago. it is almost done.
But simething is wrong with some of the buildings. some are invisible. and part of one is invisible. I think it is a texture prob.
The one has a different store tex underneath the regular texture. The textures are 256x256 bmp textures. They are all from the mm2tex.ar file. Can someone help me?

I know there is a tutorial on adding objects to cities, but i cant get my object in my chicago city or any one of my cities I make. can someone give me or make me a video tutorial on it?! thanks

Help is really appreciated. I will give someone credit in the readme for the help thanks again.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:18 am

Probably it's a problem with the textures alpha channel, you need to delete it to don't have weird texture transparencies problems, but since you're using .bmp images isn't this the problem. Make sure to don't use spaces or particular characters in the file name.

About the second question, you can well use MM2 City Toolkit to add new PKG objects to a city, and then move, resize and rotate them with it.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:22 pm

one question, how do i make the highway on/off ramps to have traffic?

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:39 pm

There is one rule for having traffic on user-made cities......you need ROADS_ objects (roads with sidewalks). Check SF's entry/exit ramps, even they have small sidewalks.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:44 pm

i mean, how do i make the intersection and roads on the highway? I already checked sf's psdl in mm2ct.