Topic of MM end discussion.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

The end.

Postby Seahawk » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:48 am

It has been 18 great years of the MM series. Hundreds of cars and some tracks are made/converted for MM1. There are some good mods also. MM2 now has a list of more than a thousand cars and hundred maps and mods. And 15 years of MM2x. This is what people were saying 2 years ago. Now there's only Matyii and Deanna Troi who has WiP list of conversions. Which caused great battles earlier. :P And Pibraclab makes scratch stuff (Not normal vehicles). The forums are also almost dead now. So, probably finally the time has come of the end of MM. About multiplayer, there are still some people out there at Gameranger who play MM2. Now, lets just see that what happens next year. Roughly 2 months left for 2018.
Last edited by Seahawk on Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Postby carfan1061 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:46 pm

Our mission is not complete! We have yet to attract Microsoft's attention, and continue the genre of the MM series.

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Jimmy89 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:24 pm

There are some mods and cities yet to be finished, not to mention all the vehicles yet to be done/redone. Therefore, it's not finished! :)

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Which cities? Microsoft's attention? After 14 years?
-Seahawk

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:16 pm

Ok, that's your vision, so to say... It's still not over with releases of MM2 add-ons and mods, eh.
Our mission is not complete! We have yet to attract Microsoft's attention, and continue the genre of the MM series.
Well, speaking of Microsoft's attention, it's now focusing in totally different targets... Finally it returned back to PC gaming, after many years of false promises and cheap words, despite in the limited Windows 10's UWP, though, and only in digital. It's better to lose hope when there's Microsoft behind something...
Gaming changed a lot since almost 20 years ago, and it changed in worse for many things, IMHO. Arcade racing games that take place in cities are also being very few in the latest years (Need for Speed 2015 and The Crew are the most recent examples); there are being more sport racing ones on closed circuits, ultimately.
There are some mods and cities yet to be finished, not to mention all the vehicles yet to be done/redone. Therefore, it's not finished! :)
Yeah, something there's, but almost all they're projects now abandoned done by authors no more around in the community. For mods and cities it's so and it's harder,
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:00 pm

At least we have Reckless Driver being actively worked on by a few members of this community.. hope for that.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Postby carfan1061 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:14 am

I was thinking of moving to gta, but I want a game made by Microsoft in a follow up of the mm series, because I feel it won't be the same, if not for the latter. (Or is that just me)

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm

I've already moved to NFS. Will move to GTA soon. GTA 5 is the most open-world ever. Which includes also animals (Including fishes and insects). It's like, the people you see at a particular bus stop will be at the next bus stop, leaving the bus. And people even park cars and go inside their homes. (This thing was present in GTA SA also).
-Seahawk

FXANBSS
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years

Postby FXANBSS » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:02 pm

:| I never leave my mods undone, any mod (except the test ones) you have seen from me will see the light of the day!

You can't say this is the end, this is the beginning of something BIG.

I don't wanna spoil too much, but:
[spoiler]Revisited v6 might be here, not soon, but the progress shows the game is very different from what I expected to be, completely modded even internally,
bug fixes, an In-Game Editor(Not sure if they'll do it, but Wow), everything you can think of.

So this may probably also mean that I can increase cops to the MWU race mod! 10 cops are a little dangerous at this point to the engine,
11 cops and conflicts begin.[/spoiler]

And, I'll complete this very interesting mods (they may take a bit but be patient!) ;) :
- An enhanced and revamped version of the IRT Panoz (planned since 2012).
- Vehicle Showcases but with screenshots in-game instead of real and photoshopped ones. (Cancelled at first, but it is not, I never cancel things and I also never consider things "Final Version").
- Most Wanted Ultimate Race Mod (MWU), Dafa first began with it and I'll be the one finishing it
- TD6 Hot Pursuit Race Mod, this one is already complete as stated by Dafa but it needs some modifications that will require getting the game (I don't have it :P ), I'll focus in this mod later when I finish MWU Race Mod.
- Cops Invasion, It adds a total of 40 cops to cruise mode, I'm not sure which way I'm gonna release it, or include this in MWU or release it alone.

Deanna_Troi
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Deanna_Troi » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:53 pm

Well, I still have more MM1 to MM2 cars to complete, but the reason why it's going slowly, is because I was busy with work, then playing GTA: San Andreas' SAPD:FR v2.5 mod, and the fact that I managed to get GTAIV to run on my old Windows Vista computer (though it lagged and stuttered, I been playing it for over 10 hours, what a record, I never thought i'd spend this much time playing it).

But MM2 shall live on, and I no doubt will continue to do more MM1 to MM2 car conversions until I brought Windows 10 or future, where MM2 doesn't work anymore.
[color=orange]Best MM2 Breakout of 2010[/color]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/a701OBI.jpg[/img]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-1_luBqmkKKFUDgP18fiw]My YouTube Channel[/url]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=53209#53209]My MM2 Releases[/url]

TONY9
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
United States of America

Postby TONY9 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:12 pm

But MM2 shall live on, and I no doubt will continue to do more MM1 to MM2 car conversions until I brought Windows 10 or future, where MM2 doesn't work anymore.
MM2 does work on Windows 10 you just need dgvoodoo.

Deanna_Troi
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Deanna_Troi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:03 am

MM2 does work on Windows 10 you just need dgvoodoo.
Oh okay, thanks for the heads up. :)
[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-1_luBqmkKKFUDgP18fiw]My YouTube Channel[/url]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=53209#53209]My MM2 Releases[/url]

TONY9
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
United States of America

Postby TONY9 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:11 am

Keep in mind however you may experience small artifacts on some cars. One example of this would be the default Ford Mustang Fastback.

Deanna_Troi
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Deanna_Troi » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:47 am

Keep in mind however you may experience small artifacts on some cars. One example of this would be the default Ford Mustang Fastback.
Got it. But it is illogical to expect any old game to work properly on Win 10.

TONY9
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
United States of America

Postby TONY9 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:26 am

You no doubt have a point there.