Imperial London Racepack

London Racemod! (Progress: 38/38 races, 100%)

Jimmy89
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years

Postby Jimmy89 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:03 pm

Wow it's awesome to see this mod back to development!

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Postby cody » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:39 pm

I thought it was dead, too, then 2 years and 24 days later, RohitXL5 suddenly resumed working on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that has to be a world record, in terms of how long a game addon (of any type, for any racing game) is on hiatus before development is resumed.
My Member Number is prime. LOL!

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 11 months

Postby carfan1061 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:48 pm

2 years and 24 days later, RohitXL5 suddenly resumed working on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that has to be a world record, in terms of how long a game addon (of any type, for any racing game) is on hiatus before development is resumed.
Lol :lol:

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Postby NotoriousA » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:24 am

I thought it was dead, too, then 2 years and 24 days later, RohitXL5 suddenly resumed working on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that has to be a world record, in terms of how long a game addon (of any type, for any racing game) is on hiatus before development is resumed.
Yeah, well I'm about to break that record any time soon! ...I think.

Holy shit, Rohit, color me surprised. I knew that you would get back into videos, but seeing you making races again is somehow even more unexpected! The fact that you were able to make the opponents race completely underground and make all of this progress within three-four days is truly impressive. Keep it up, because all of this is really, really good.
[img][/img]

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Postby RohitXL5 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:54 am

Yeah, well I'm about to break that record any time soon! ...I think.

Holy shit, Rohit, color me surprised. I knew that you would get back into videos, but seeing you making races again is somehow even more unexpected! The fact that you were able to make the opponents race completely underground and make all of this progress within three-four days is truly impressive. Keep it up, because all of this is really, really good.
I'm eager to see you break the record! :)

I too didn't expect myself to make races after videos. But I just tried out a thorough gameplay of all the game races plus our created races. They seemed so new to me, I became a beginner, once again! I was so happy that I had created something to entertain myself :P
But when I realized I had reached end of racepack with no more new races, I was disappointed with the author (me ofcourse). Thus, I thought that it should be completed so I started working on it!
[img][/img]

[color=#01B5DD][size=150]Boss of Martians![/size][/color]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]
[img][/img] [color=yellow]Author of the best mod of the year[/color]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 8 months

Postby KingAndy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:53 pm

Great to see you back on business! I'm looking forward for more progress on this mod of yours. :)
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Racepack upon racepack. What is this? (lol)
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby RohitXL5 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:38 pm

Hey there,
Took a lot of time on this one.
It took time, not because it was tough to create, but because it is a race that was planned immediately after failures of 3 similar drafts of the race. This race was earlier supposed to be the final race. But unfortunately, I couldn't make it that hard to be worth of final race.

In the original draft, I wanted the race to start at the roof of the Parliament of London. But I when I actually tried it, I realised that the there is no solid roof. The opponent just fall into the building, respawn, fall again, respawn and thus form an endless loop.
In another draft, I spawned opponents on another building, but the race didn't seem like a final one. Finally, I made the start spots on the current building, but the race route was way longer. Unfortunately, most of the opponent crashed out (Enemy GTR-1s are so terrible and slippery)
So, I had to come up with this race. Now I'll have time to think about final once again!

Oh yes, don't worry, Checkpoint#12 doesn't mean final race :P
2 more checkpoint races to ago. The feature of the racepack is supposed to include 14 checkpoint races, and it would :)

Now, about this race. This race again is difficult due to the cops. If you're too fast, you crash out. If you're slow, cops crash you out. Plus, rain makes it hard to choose a slippery vehicle. This is not too easy race for keyboard users, but it's pretty doable. You spawn on top of a complex in London!

Checkpoint #12: Ninja Madness

Features:
  • 7 Opponents.
  • Traffic: 25% Traffic for Amateur and 22% Traffic for Professional.
  • Time of Day and Weather: Rainy Morning for Amateur and Rainy Night for Professional.
  • Around 14-15 Cops.
  • Amateur Opponents: 3 Cops, 4 Panoz Roadsters
  • Professional Opponents: 3 Panoz GTR-1s, 4 Panoz Roadsters
Pictures:

Amateur

Professional

-------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to suggest new ideas, names for upcoming or existing races!

Have a nice day :)
[img][/img]

[img][/img] [color=yellow]Best Active Member MM1 screenshot-er | Best MM2 breakout of the year[/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:44 pm

Keep up the good work. :)
Yeah, almost all the monumental buildings of MM2 cities haven't a roof on their top. MM2 Revisited V5 mod adds them, but still without a custom BOUND made, so it's only for aesthetic purpose.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby NotoriousA » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:23 am

Oh my god, we have a race named after ninjas now. That's amazing.

The rooftop start spots really makes me wanna try making a checkpoint race in the Megamod version of San Francisco. Although, I expect the results to fail, because I don't think the map has a custom BAI for all those extra intersections... or does it?
[img][/img]

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby RohitXL5 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:19 am

Oh my god, we have a race named after ninjas now. That's amazing.

The rooftop start spots really makes me wanna try making a checkpoint race in the Megamod version of San Francisco. Although, I expect the results to fail, because I don't think the map has a custom BAI for all those extra intersections... or does it?
I'm quite sure the megamod doesn't have the BAI for those intersections.

Yet in default SF, the rooftop start races are quite possible. A lot of SF buildings actually have a roof, fortunately. I'm sure you will be able to make an amazing rooftop race :)
[img][/img]

RohitXL5
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby RohitXL5 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:38 am

Hey there, apologies to the forum rules for double posting!

The 13th checkpoint is completed. Aptitude Test. Gotta love it. It is a pretty long race like in the MM1. To your surprise, this race has 100% traffic and lots of cops. The race is intentionally designed to discourage using fast cars and encourages players to use heavy vehicles to resist the dense traffic and annoying cops. Even F-350 can total out before end!

The map of this race is interesting.Just a few parallel lines of checkpoints. (I drawn them randomly because I had no ideas going on my mind, so I just drew simple lines to make a long complicated race)

Checkpoint #13: Aptitude Test

Features:
  • 7 Opponents.
  • Traffic: 100% traffic for both difficulties
  • Time of Day and Weather: Foggy Noon for Amateur and Rainy Evening for Professional.
  • 29 cops.
  • Amateur Opponents: 1 Double decker bus, 2 city buses, 2 freightliner centuries, 2 freightliner firetrucks
  • Professional Opponents: 7 Ford F-350s
Pictures:

Amateur

Professional

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just 1 more race to go to complete the checkpoint races!

Feel free to suggest ideas for circuit races or blitz races, along with names for existing/new races!

Have a nice day!
[img][/img]

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 4 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Nice.

That above race is going to be one crazy one. Collisions all round.
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:46 pm

This race looks pretty tough. :P Very good work with it. :)

PS: you should update the progress percentage in the topic subtitle. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby NotoriousA » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:41 am

Wow, those are some seriously interesting choices for opponents in Amateur mode. Love me some long races. I would love to try and beat this race with an Audi TT.
I'm quite sure the megamod doesn't have the BAI for those intersections.

Yet in default SF, the rooftop start races are quite possible. A lot of SF buildings actually have a roof, fortunately. I'm sure you will be able to make an amazing rooftop race :)
Oh man, you just sparked a new idea for me! The Hyatt Hotel rooftop would be a perfect start spot for such a race!
[img][/img]