Re-uploading mods without permission

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Re-uploading mods without permission

Postby RacingFreak » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:05 am

I don't want to bump 5-6 year old threads.

But I must bring attention to this.

It looks like a bunch of my very old conversions have been uploaded without my permission to MMArchive by no one else but Matyii/matyasd, back in 2013. It has only just now been brought to my attention
https://www.mmarchive.com/file_details.php?file_id=2310

https://mmarchive.com/file_details.php?file_id=2294

He didn't even bother putting the correct year and setting me as the author. Matyii, you can't even read readme files?
#Important:
- As this is a conversion from Midnight Club: Street Racing, will may need to agree that:
- You may not publish the exactly same car (copied) elsewhere, without putting my nickname or Volky`s (LV_Volk) name intact, and without having this readme in it. Thanks.

But most importantly,
I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS. Doesn't matter that these are simple conversions. I'm calling on Franch88 to take measure. Thanks.

PS
Thanks TONY9 for bringing this to my attention!

TONY9
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 11 years
United States of America

Postby TONY9 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:26 am

Anytime man!

matyii
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years

Postby matyii » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Dear RacingFreak,

Sorry for the inconvenience, back then i had those old conversions from you, and some of their download links were dead, so i wanted upload them to MMArchive. And yes, i didn't read the readme. And about adding your name, i completely forgot it.

I will add your credits to those conversions on MMArchive as soon as possible, because it is my responsibility to do that.

I hope we won't be in anger with each other after this.
Best MM2 breakout of the year
Best newcomer member of the year

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby RacingFreak » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:46 pm

No,

You're going to delete them and the next time you want to do something like that, you will have to send me a PM and ask me whether you can or not. These releases are now deprecated anyway, in addition to being unfinished.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:32 pm

Looking at this, I seem to remember that I noticed that Matyii used to upload some cars at MMArchive, before begin to make cars add-ons by himself. Well, that's not done on purpose, it's just a not caring of those details, caused by inexperience... In theory, the submission publisher had to add the missing parts and fix the wrong ones, or, even reject the submission, right because of their missing and/or inaccuracy.
I can't do anything at MMArchive. If you want them removed from that website, contact Gafaddict, who's the admin, or Carking1996, who should be able to do that, too.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:46 am

I can edit them or correct the author shown on the website.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner