city lighting?

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

city lighting?

Postby zoot » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:11 pm

how do you make the lights in the city. the street lights.

i know it is a cvs file but i do not know how to do it. is their a tutorial? :?: :arrow: carking1996

CMR_Driver_MFD
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Postby CMR_Driver_MFD » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:23 pm

To generate props automatically, you have to use the "ROADS"-Section of the PSDL File. You can't use MM2CT to do this, you need PSDL Viewer from fre_ber. The CVS-Files are used to define the Props which are placed along the roads by PSDL. Have a look at the Standard-Cities to see how it works.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:04 pm

The traffic lights are just props objects, you can add them with MM2 City Toolkit, but you have to do it for each of them. This way is good only to add few objects.
To generate props automatically, you have to use the "ROADS"-Section of the PSDL File. You can't use MM2CT to do this, you need PSDL Viewer from fre_ber. The CVS-Files are used to define the Props which are placed along the roads by PSDL. Have a look at the Standard-Cities to see how it works.
This is an interesting method to have them easily placed on the sidewalks. PSDL Viewer program is available here, for who don't know it.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:06 pm

but how do i do it without making traffic or without namng ROADS_? is their a way to do this?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:43 pm

The easiest way to add props objects in a city is to add them manually with the MM2 City Toolkit, but this will take time because you have to add, move and rotate each object one by one. Anyway, seems that you've already succeeded to do this in your city in progress.

I've taken a look about that method, used by the in-game cities to place props objects automatically. It saves a lot of time and I've understood how works it, but do it in your own city with traffic is pretty hard.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Postby Zac4084 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:22 am

Its actually very easy. :) Good luck. Also, Maybe keep all of your questions in one topic, please..? :wink: