traffic light

help

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

traffic light

Postby zoot » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:18 am

i am putting no traffic in my city chicago.i got some objects into the city, the traffic light looks like this.

but the red glow light doesnt show up in the game. any way to fix this? please help me

another question. is their a way to make the light work without having traffic, you know blink? help is appreciated.
thanks, carking1996

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:27 am

The traffic lights works properly only when is using PSDL with roads for traffic; they works also if there isn't traffic, disabled through the .bai file with the MM2 City Toolkit.
You can well put the traffic lights as props objects, but the lights won't work. If you want to get the traffic lights working with the blinking yellow light, you have to edit them using a custom animated orange glow light texture; then, put them in your city with MM2 City Toolkit as PKG objects, but they won't break.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:28 am

how do i make animated blinking textures????:(

i know to do the different clips. is their a tutorial or can some one get me at tutorial

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:36 am

To know how to make animated textures, check this step of the Silent1Unknown's car making tutorial.

About make custom traffic lights objects as PKG objects for your city with the blinking orange light, you can well edit the imported in-game object like in the picture, just assing the animated texture instead of the default red glow, move and alight the glows to the orange light and export it as Building type .pkg file using the Maxoff's ZModeler PKG Filter. Make night copies of the orange glow textures.
The final result will be nice, maybe with some transparencies issues with the glowings; then, it can't be breaken because it's not a prop object.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|