Help with traffic working in a city

Can't do it!!!

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Help with traffic working in a city

Postby zoot » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:53 pm

everytime i try to put traffic in my city, mm2 crashes. i have put all the other mods in another folder. their is no other mods in the game. here is a pic of the psdl. it should work fine. can someone help me??!!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:59 pm

I see defects in the intersections and in the road that connects them. That road hasn't the two colored lines for the traffic lanes and the intersections haven't textures and seems that have problems in the sidewalks.
In MM2 City Toolkit, check if there's something weird with the intersections; if yes, you have to re-model them paying attention if there aren't double vertices. While making a PSDL terrain with traffic, follow this tutorial and its pictures. When the program doesn't put traffic in some roads connected with the intersections and generates these last with some problems it's because of this.
To see if this track actually works in MM2, to remove the traffic deleting the .bai file from the City folder.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:18 am

can anyone help me?!!! :(:x

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:21 am

Well, I've tried to help you as you cen see... It's mainly a problem with the modeled track, you should re-make it paying attention to the modeling, without have double or not well aligned vertices.
HummersRock, if you can please post too.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:59 am

Try adding another intersection. Your city looks too simple.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Postby HummersRock » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:48 am

Try adding another intersection. Your city looks too simple.
No, it is fine. It's just like the simple city maxoff made for the mm2city toolkit tutorial.
HummersRock, if you can please post too.
I'm not sure what I can add at this point. You have said plenty, Franch, and what you have said should be plenty helpful. carking1996 just needs to remake the track some, that's all.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:02 am

I see bai is not working at the middle road that's why it crashes try remake this road

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:20 pm

Indeed HummersRock, I thought that what I've said is the only solution to take at the moment, that's to re-make the roads without make vertices troubles.
I've also said to remove the .bai file to see if actually that track works in MM2 without the traffic, because indeed the road connected to the two intersection hasn't traffic and it can let crash the game while the track loading, because the two intersections sure have problems with the vertices.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:40 pm

i have made the same one about a month ago, but all the roads were good. all the red and blue lines were their, and all the tex were their. but it still did not work. i am running on a windows xp professional. :twisted: it just wont work!!! :evil: :evil: :?: :!: :vsad: :pray: please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:26 am

sorry for double post. but. i made 2 more of the same track. they have all the red and blue lines. but the always still crash mm2. can i send someone the ar file? tell me in a reply or pm me.
here are the pics.........

track 1

zmod:

mm2ct:

track 2

mm2ct:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:46 am

Please, stop to do multiple posting, use the Edit button near the Quote one. Read the forum FAQ if you don't know how to use well a forum... And, don't say that anyone hasn't replied, you must wait also a bunch of hours for a reply...

About your problem, seems that's still related with the way you make the intersection sidewalks. Have you tried to make them just as simple squares, and not with rounded border? Check Madness City 4 intersections. Try to do them in that way don't doing vertices errors, and see if the track will work so.

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:19 am

Surely its not the intersection, they look well-made just like Maxoff's simple city.

Possible solutions:
- Make the other 2 corners (non-intersections) round. They look too sharp. I remember some angles between the sidewalk and road have to be nearly 90 degrees. SO with sharp corners like yours, your forfeiting that rule.
- Did you make sure the city is the right size (scale)? Import a sample car and scale the whole city until it has the correct size in relation to the car.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:21 am

what do you mean the corners? the ones on the roads with the red and blue lines?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:28 am

Right Silent1Unknown, I've forgot about the proper PSDL terrain and whole track sizes. From the ZModeler picture it seems to have pretty the same sizes of a bus, scale it making more bigger. I know that a too little PSDL terrain will just let crash the game while the track loading. The first track sample seems well modeled, with right number of polygons for each side and road.
In the third picture of the second track sample the intersections have a missing texture problem, but to see if they have some errors because of bad made vertices you have to zoom in them. In the picture of the first post seems that there's this problem with the intersections sidewalks. However, a PSDL terrain with not well made intersections has to work in-game, but with various problems with the traffic.

Yeah Carking, he means those ones. But with corners are meant also the intersections sidewalks shape, as I've said in my above post. You've made them round both in the inner and outer part, better make them round only in the outer part.
Anyway, in Madness City 4 there are roads with too sharp corners, that shouldn't be a problem.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:54 pm

i made a new one,but with the square side walks. it should be the right size. but it still does not work!!:cry: can i please send some one the .ar file and the z3d files and the file folders for the city so that you can check them out?