Nice record, looks nice moreover.

Please upload your pics from https://imageshack.us

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:48 pm

Looks very nice so far, great work. :wink: Use the printscreen button to take a screenshot, don't do a photo of your monitor.

Please, don't post so many posts just to let display a picture, use the Edit button near the Quote one in your posts instad to post a new post. I know that you're new to forums, but you should think to don't mess up with the topic with so many multiple posts. You can well PM me for such problems, and check this guide about BBCode codes using.
Last edited by Franch88 on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Postby Zac4084 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:02 pm

Looks very nice actually. :D Just use the Print Screen button, and edit out the un-needed parts. Good luck with it!

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:12 pm

update....

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Postby Riva » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:18 pm

Looks great, can't wait to see it in-game.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Very nice work so far, good luck with it and with the buildings adding. :wink:
However, any urban city loses a lot without traffic and pedestrians, except if it has an abandoned look like Madness City 2 and 3.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Postby HummersRock » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:55 am

It will still be very nice if it has the detail that Madness City 3 and 4 had (not overall detail for MC4, obviously). Having lots of cool little areas like that can still give it plenty of replay value if it does not have traffic.

And you could always have some cars driving around by making them moving objects with a custom pathset. ;)
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Postby matt1314 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:02 am

Wow, nice progress. I hope it continues well, great work so far! :D

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:47 pm

what custom pathset for moving objects? can you tell me how to do that. how do you make those drawbridges?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:23 pm

You mean how to make move an object, right? You need to make the .pathset files with MM2 City Toolkit, but isn't something easy make them to move an object. Extract the SF ones to see how they're made.

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Postby HummersRock » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:26 pm

It's easy. You create the object in Zmodeler that you want to be the moving object, it must be named correctly and I forget the needed name, but in the latest version of the mm2city toolkit manual (the one that includes simple city) the pathset files and named objects are included. Once you have the object created you can then make the path for it. You just create a flat plane and, depending on the direction you want it to go, add more polies and move them around.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:17 pm

It's easy. You create the object in Zmodeler that you want to be the moving object, it must be named correctly and I forget the needed name, but in the latest version of the mm2city toolkit manual (the one that includes simple city) the pathset files and named objects are included. Once you have the object created you can then make the path for it. You just create a flat plane and, depending on the direction you want it to go, add more polies and move them around.
That sounds confusing. Could you show a picture? It sounds like a better way than how I'm doing the seagulls in MM2CT.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dummiesboy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:57 am

I think I get what he means, but let me also explain. I'll copy what I told another member to do...

First of all, start up MM2CT. Then, click "File", "Open PSDL", then browse for your city PSDL. On the box on the lower right, you should see 4 tabs above it. Click the one that says "Props". Right click anywhere in the white area, and click "Add object (single)" Then, browse for the object. and import it. After this, red text should appear. Right click the red text, and choose "Add position". After this, you should see arrows appear in the lower left corner. Use these to move the points around. Also, look at the text below the arrows. It provides information on how to do it faster, slower, ect. Use the up and down arrows to adjust it's altitude (Or Hight). The diagonal arrows move it along the Z axis, and the left and right arrows move it along the X axis. When you have a good starting point for it, right click the red text position (The one that has "Base", and the numbers after it) that is in the white box I described earlier, and click "Duplicate position". After this, use the arrows again, to move the new point around. Continue duplicating, until you have a good path. The object will travel from the end point to the start point when it hits the end of the path, so make the end point, and the start point look like a continuing path. Then continue this whole process to add as much moving objects as desired.

I'm not sure how you would want to save it, so I will tell you what each name does...

*_sailboat.pathset - You cannot hit the object, there are no sounds, and it goes about 10 MPH.

*_ferry.pathset - You can hit it, there are barge sounds, and it goes about 2 MPH.

*_train.pathset - You can hit it, there are no sounds, and it goes about 100 MPH.
This one is different though, it goes from point A to point B. I also have never had any luck in getting it to follow the path correctly though...

Hope that helps. :)

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Postby Zac4084 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:31 am

Its very nice, I love all the roads. :)

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:52 am

DB: No no, your method and Hummers' method seem a lot different. Yours is done through MM2CT while his is done in ZM.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE