My Chicago city for MM2

I am making Chicago

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:47 pm

i am having a prob with 2 intersection, every time i redo it, it keeps happening..

mm2:

mm2ct:

CMR_Driver_MFD
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Postby CMR_Driver_MFD » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Show us a wireframe, please.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:09 am

Probably it's the usual problem with the not connected vertices, make sure that when you model the intersection the polygons are connected with their vertices, and not to another very close one. After, split all the parts of the intersections.

Carking, don't post a reply with just "ok", when you'll have the wireframe picture then you'll have to reply...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:14 am

i checked all the vertices 7 times and reconnected and detached the objects. this keeps happening. and sorry for the "ok" reply. i dont model every intersection. i make one and copy it and move it to the correct place on the map. then i make it all one object and make the roads.:Dmy way is easier and faster.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:22 am

Well, isn't a problem if you copy each intersection and move it, but you have to make sure if all the vertices are ok. If is so, probably there's a problem when you've modeled the road to connect the intersections, and is there that you have not connected vertices.
Select the two insersections to connect with the road, press space bar button, switch in vertices mode, click in one of the views and now you can model the road being sure to connect its polygons to the respective vertices of the intersections. At the end, in faces mode, select the polygons of the modeled road and detach them making the road object. You have to do this for any road, including the curved ones, where the procedure is a bit different because of the curve to model adding new vertices.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Postby HummersRock » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:39 pm

Well looking at your hudmap it looks like the city isn't even complete, the roads are not complete, etc, and it is all over water. It doesn't look like it would work right anyway.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:56 pm

yeah,its not complete, all i have to do is finish the roads and detach for traffic and them make all buildings a .pkg. their will be over 200 buildings. Is anyone willing to make a few buildings and email them to me? just some low poly ones, around 250 to 3,500 polys. If i dont get help, it will take much longer till release. pm me if you are willing to help. :D

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Postby HummersRock » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:50 am

If this is going to be a big city (like the size of SF) with tons of buildings, then I would make them as low poly as possible, meaning 10 polys max. In SF, the areas where there is a square piece of land surrounded by roads, most buildings are 2-4 polys.

Just look at New York, it's buildings probably are never more then 50 polys, but since the city is so big and there are so many buildings and objects, it can't handle high resolutions and highly detailed addon cars.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:28 pm

i am currently redoing the traffic in my city, i got probs with it. traffic is very hard. will post update once i get more. :)

Tpiom
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Tpiom » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:46 am

You just acquired yourself yet another fan; and can't wait for that update :)
Best of luck!

Off-topic: I want a fourth game 8O

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:21 pm

i still got probs with the intersections. i redid it over and over. it still wont work right. :evil: :twisted: 3-way intersections hate me! i can get 4-ways to always work, but i cant get 3-ways to work!!! can i send someone the 3ds or z3d so they can check whats the problem with the 3-way intersections?

hastantyo
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby hastantyo » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:23 am

hm, looking nice! :D