Game crashes whenever i start a race

mishalmohamed2
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 7 years 3 months

Game crashes whenever i start a race

Postby mishalmohamed2 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:34 pm

So ive been playing with Reshade 3.0 recently, it makes the game more awesome and modern!
but unfortunately my crappy pc hates it so i deleted everything related to reshade thats in my mm2 directory (including the mm2 exe). Then that i kept a fresh midtown2.exe from speedboot.zip.
After i have done everything i started the game, loads up flawlessly and i went for a cruise. *Windows error sound*. The game crashes and shows this:
"memMemoryAllocator ::FindHeap failed on ptr 10d44c78"
after many failed attempts, i decided to rename midtown2.exe to microsoftgamessucks.exe and the game runs perfectly! (and more faster than before!)
But i still cant figure out why the game crashes when the name of the .exe is default. I cant play games through GameRanger because of this.
Help!

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:41 pm

That's pretty curious. What I would suggest now is to uninstall the game, delete the remained folder, and install the game again. After, apply the official patch, Speedboot EXE, and Heap Patcher. If you have an own savegame, keep it out before uninstall the game and put it back after the installation.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|