Can't get it started

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Game startup error on new Laptop

Postby Midtown2 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Hello guys,

So my old HP laptop died on me after a year and a half and I just bought a Dell Inspiron laptop to replace it. I installed MM2 on it and I came across a couple problems:

First I got a message about the display driver not meeting the minimum game requirements, but I fixed that by installing the MM2 XP patch and speed boot.

The second issue came about after that. when I click to start the game, I get an error saying "the procedure entry point CreateDXGIFactory2 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll." Does anyone know what this means and/or how to possibly solve it?

Thanks, Midtown2.

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Midtown2 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:22 pm

I have an update: this seems to only be happening with the Windows 8 fix. I'm running on windows 10 but the windows 8 fix did work on my old Windows 10 HP Laptop.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:39 pm

Try to search in the forum to find similar topics about this problem.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Midtown2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Midtown2 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:10 pm

One more thing has happened since then: I don't get the error message anymore but the game tries to start, changes my resolution, and I hear an error message noise but see nothing. Then the game goes off of my task bar but task manager says it's still running and using quite a bit of my PC.

Also going to add that I was playing Forza 6 Apex on that laptop so there isn't a lack of power or anything.