MM2 - German Sound Files

Macronix
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

MM2 - German Sound Files

Postby Macronix » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:37 am

Hey there,

I just had one of these nostalgia attacks and suddenly had to revisit Midtown Madness 2 after probably 10 years of abstinence or more. After some research, I've actually made it to run on Windows 10. Hooray.

But now I'm wondering if there is any chance to change the game from the current English or US Version I have installed to the German Version (German interface and German voices etc.). Just to get the full nostalgic experience, as I played this game way back in the days as a kid in German language.

So, maybe you experts can help me out with some files or tips on how that would be possible? Thank you!

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:38 pm

It is possible. An Italian version is available here. I don't know of a German version. The texts and audio are both moddable.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:37 pm

Actually, an official German language release of Midtown Madness 2 was published. It certainly has German texts, but I don't exactly know if it has also German voices, possibly yes... I have the disc image of it, but it takes time to upload with my connection since it's big 563 MB.
It is possible. An Italian version is available here. I don't know of a German version. The texts and audio are both moddable.
That Italian translation was made from scratch. The game got an official Italian language release, but only about the box, while the entire game remained in English.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 4 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:36 am

I know it is scratch. :wink:
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014