MMArchive CAPTCHA problems, won't let me download

Keeps claiming that it was not done correctly...

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

MMArchive CAPTCHA problems, won't let me download

Postby cody » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:06 am

Anyone having trouble with MMArchive's CAPTCHA? I checked the checkbox, and it looked like it went through fine, but when I click continue, it says "Captcha was not done correctly. .-.". How do I download stuff from there without filling the captcha? I'm trying to download Seahawk's Massacre Zone (and a few other tracks), if you want to know. Please tell me how to get it to work, or at least tell me how to get the direct link. A torrent full of tracks would also work, if anyone has one that's up to date.

EDIT: Thanks for moving this to the right spot. I accidentally posted it in "General".
My Member Number is prime. LOL!

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 7 years 10 months

Postby carfan1061 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:50 am

For me it works....(or does it work for you now as well)?

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:40 pm

It's e-cobra's track. :wink:
Last edited by Seahawk on Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cody » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:37 pm

Here's a screenshot of the CAPTCHA after I checked the box:

Even then, it still gives me the error I posted earlier when I hit Continue. I even tried disabling my adblocker, and I still get the error. Can someone please give me a direct link, or at least tell me how to bypass that crazy CAPTCHA? I don't want to have to go through that for every single file I download from that site. The one on MM2X is so much easier (type or copy/paste the code).

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby carfan1061 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:15 pm

Have you tried different browsers, or clearing cache?

In the meantime, HERE is Massacre Zone. :wink:

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:30 pm

And also don't call anything to be mine. I am uploading such old stuff there for guests. But now MMArchive has stopped accepting files ever if they are .zip.
-Seahawk

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:17 pm

I've tried to download that same file and the CAPTCHA is working fine to me, making the file download begin. Indeed, try with a different browser or clean its cache.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cody » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:56 am

And also don't call anything to be mine. I am uploading such old stuff there for guests.
Sorry. I thought you made it because I saw your name in the uploader field. I should have searched MM2x for it before I posted.

Jeremiahjobling
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 12 years 2 months
Great Britain

Postby Jeremiahjobling » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:41 am

And also don't call anything to be mine. I am uploading such old stuff there for guests.
Sorry. I thought you made it because I saw your name in the uploader field. I should have searched MM2x for it before I posted.
Where it says "Author:" in the download page of a particular file on MMarchive is the place that tells you who the file's author is. Just an FYI for next time
Dubai = Supercarland

When it comes to normal street driving, any car is as good as good as any other. Only the racetrack can truly separate the cars' abilities.

--

In my opinion, BlameTruth is the Jeremy Clarkson of gamers and gameplay video commentators on the internet. You can follow him on Twitter here

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Still not working. Tried multiple browsers...

Postby cody » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:30 am

I tried in Vivaldi (newest version), Internet Explorer (came with Windows 10), and Firefox (52ESR, just now installed, clean profile, no addons/WebExtensions, nothing imported from other browsers). I even followed the steps in every browser (click on boxes with specified item in them, then click next/verify), and I still get the same error. Although I used the link carfan1061 posted for Massacre Zone, I still don't want to have to fight this CAPTCHA thing for every last addon I download from MMArchive. PLEASE tell me how to bypass it! :x

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby carfan1061 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:39 am

Have you tried reseting your internet connection?
This is done by pressing the reset button of the rooter your pc is connected to.

Another thing you can try is to connect to a different network, (but that's something you probably don't have so let's think practical).

You can try using a different pc. After all else fails, the only other solution I have (which also mite not work), is to re-install windows.

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cody » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:07 pm

I already reinstalled Windows back in December, partly because of a malware issue, and also because I couldn't get Windows Defender and Windows Update to work after installing the Fall Creators Update, so I had to backup all my data and install a fresh, up-to-date Windows, and I had the problem before that too. I only have one network to connect to (my HughesNet Gen5 modem/router), and I had this problem on an earlier Windows 7 PC as well (back in 2016), but with a different website that wasn't related to any of the MM games. I also tried resetting my modem, but to no avail. Even disabling Web Acceleration (an internal download accelerater, built into the modem) doesn't help.

carfan1061
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby carfan1061 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:30 pm

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby cody » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:49 pm

So, it's a problem with how the CAPTCHA is implemented on the site? If so, I hope there's a way to bypass it, at least until it gets fixed. Either that, or it needs to go back to the old way of downloading (Why was it implemented in the first place?). Please remove the CAPTCHA entirely, or at least use one that's easier to implement (and less buggy). I want to be able to download addons from there WITHOUT having to go through a bunch of trouble trying to click on the right boxes (I sometimes click the wrong ones). Maybe MMArchive should use what MM2x uses, typing in an 8-letter combination shown on the download page.

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
India

Postby Seahawk » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:59 pm

Or reading a text written in paint. (Wrote this without seeing the keys. 8O)
-Seahawk