it possible to add traffic cars without replacing?

Michaelx1
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

it possible to add traffic cars without replacing?

Postby Michaelx1 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:17 am

Hey heard about that the minivan and pickup in the revised v5 mod aren't replaced I want to know how's that possible just wanting to know.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:41 pm

They're two unused ones present in the game files, that Dummiesboy fixed and added in the SF traffic due to his MM2 Revisited mod series. Since they're added, they don't replace any already existing traffic vehicle.
That's possible to do by editing the sf.aimap and london.aimap files, where there's the traffic vehicles total number, the list of their basenames and the density value for each one.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Michaelx1
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Michaelx1 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:01 pm

When I was reading in the mm2c forum about adding traffic car Bus city it is possible also there's a limit [spoiler]To add traffic cars to london bc, first extract the 3 files (roam.aimap;roam.aimap_p;roambak.aimap) from race/bclondon to C:\

Open up one of the files above and u'll notice a heading named [Ambient Types/Density], which will have a list of traffic car basenames listed underneath.

If u wish to add a traffic car, put the basename under the heading [Ambient Types/Density] and then change the cumulative abundance of each type of traffic cars.

Eg.
[Ambient Types/Density]
va_vlw_s 0.07 0
va_ddbus_l 0.1 0
va_diesels_s 0.13 0
va_largesuv_s 0.2 0
va_sedans_s 0.33 0
va_smallsuv_s 0.4 0
va_2sitersport_l 0.46 0
va_cooper_l 0.53 0
va_eurocargo_l 0.60 0
va_ultrasport_l 0.66 0
va_euro_l 0.73 0
va_cab_l 0.82 0
va_compact_s 0.93 0
va_alx400_s 1.0 0

Note that both va_vlw_s and va_alx400_s are non-default traffics. The number next to the basenames are the cumulative abundance of each type of traffic. In this example, there is 7% va_vlw_s; 3% va_ddbus_l; 3% va_diesels_s etc. Make sure the cumulative abundance of the last traffic car in the list is 1.0

Count the number of traffic cars in the list and change the number count under the [Ambient Types/Density] heading. In this example there are 14 traffic cars in total.

Finally, save and replace all 3 files. The roam.aimap is the traffic control file for amateur player profiles while roam.aimap_p is the one for professional drivers. Not too sure about the roambak.aimap though...

Zip the file and put it back in the mm2 folder, making sure the added traffic cars are also in the same folder.[/spoiler]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:19 pm

Indeed, that's a small tutorial which explains what I told you. In that example there are 14 different traffic vehicles used, but maybe that's not the maximum limit, it's written nowhere if that's the limit number. I always wondered what it could be, but never got to try.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Michaelx1
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Michaelx1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:28 am

So can you use a player car and turn it to a traffic car with a custom name is that possible?

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Not every player car. Traffic cars cannot have reverse lights and third brakelight if I recall correctly

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Not every player car. Traffic cars cannot have reverse lights and third brakelight if I recall correctly
Could just make a third brakelight attached to one of the tail light objects. It just goes on at the same time anyway.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:08 pm

It's possible to use player vehicles as traffic vehicles, but they need an edit before, like remove the RLIGHT_H object and add the two objects for the indicator lights, and also, it's always better to don't use too much high polygons models.

Michaelx1
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Michaelx1 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:47 pm

how i add the indicator lights

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Could just make a third brakelight attached to one of the tail light objects. It just goes on at the same time anyway.
Yeah, that's what I do sometimes. But remember that it will glow on the night all the time. I just meant that actual BLIGHT object, the one of the brake lights, needs to be removed

Michaelx1
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Michaelx1 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:15 am

As what I thought in my opinion that traffic are hardcoded but anyways I'll make own traffic cars without replacing I'll use low ploy ones

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:34 pm

I had to bump this for some info....
I'm testing this limit of traffic cars and currently I have got 29 traffic vehicles together. From Tonius11, me and Sajmon14. I will add more to see the limit.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014

Michaelx1
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Michaelx1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:17 pm

What are the ones, list them