What memories does MM2 bring you?

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

What memories does MM2 bring you?

Postby carmaniac » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:44 am

I remember back in like 2008-2009 I would go on my mothers old Compaq laptop (which she still has today!) and I would go to places like here, mm2c, mmarchive, mm2br (miss that place...) and that German mm2 site... I would then ask my dad on where to extract the .ar files... I would also get angry at how the game would always set itself to software rendering so I asked my dad to help me again... Once I got the hang of extracting files and editing the graphics I would be so addicted to the game... I wish I could re live my childhood one more time... This website will go down in the future, so I just want to share this with you guys...

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:09 am

Which German site? Back in.. 05-06, I was 9 and 10 at the time. Loved a lot of racing games. Christmas of 05, my parents bought me Hot Rod: Garage To Glory. It didn't work correctly on my dad's Windows XP PC for some reason. So, we went back to staples that week and exchanged it. I saw Midtown Madness: Chicago Edition, sitting on one of the shelves by the doors, for just a few dollars. I bought it. I really don't know how I found out about modifications, but I found MM2C. Didn't visit the forums much, but I used a floppy disc to download the 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302 that was on the first page of the downloads. I had to use a floppy disc because I had a Compaq Windows 98 SE computer. I never got the car in the game, but figured out how to install other addons using CDs.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

NotoriousA
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Postby NotoriousA » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:16 am

Eight years ago, I didn't know how to put in add-ons at the time, so I was very amazed when I managed to get a Ferrari car, Lost City, and New York City working in the game.

I also remember seeing a website about "Midtown Madness 2: Ultimate Edition" or something like that, it even had cars like The Batmobile and a UFO in it. 8O
[img][/img]

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:43 am

I remember the game back in 04-08. I wasn't a member at that time and I remember the first car I downloaded from this site - Riva's Lamborghini Diablo
Those were the good old days... The forums must have been fantastic.
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best active member avatar
Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby carmaniac » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:45 am

Btw the German website is midtownmadness2.de

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:48 am

I can' believe that website is still going :o
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best active member avatar
Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby whoami » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:30 am

Midtown Madness... ah, memories. Fond, awesome, long memories.

I remember that when I was around 4, my dad came with this box - there was a yellow Beetle on it, and above it said Mid-something. :P In this box, there was this big circular thing with a hole, and my dad took me to his office (we didn't have a home computer then) and gave the thing for the computer to eat. And the computer liked it! He gave me a racing game, which started by painting a car yellow, and then racing in many cars over and over! The PC was a P3 barely running XP, and I remember pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del often. :P

MM2? Well, when I was six, I was at my dad's office, browsing his computer's files - and what did I find? The MM2HELP.HLP file! *gasp* There was another version of Midtown Madness? With more cars?! Me like! Me want! After much pleading, I got it for my 7th birthday. Coincidentally, that's around the time we got a PC at home. You mean I could play MM and MM2 all I want without going to dad's office and getting bored the whole day?! YES!

^^ This is just a part of it. :)
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 2 months

Postby e-cobra » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:11 pm

My earliest memories of MM2 go back to 2006, when someone who lived in my building gave it to me to install. I already had MM1 and after getting MM2 I started doing crash courses as it was a new thing. There were already some add-ons in the game like the BMW in this site's logo and many Riva's cars including Hitachi dump truck.

Back them, I didn't realize that these vehicles were made by someone and then downloaded from internet. In 2010, I was searching "download cars for midtown madness 2" when I found MM2C and got some vehicles from there. And started following Silent's tutorial for modeling, etc, etc.. :P
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

It_Is_Me
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 10 years 11 months

Postby It_Is_Me » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:20 pm

I just remember it coming free with our computer in '01 or '02. We had a dial up internet connection until about 2009 so never got to use the msn thingy multi player :( . Played it on and off ever since. Found the online community about a year or two ago. I'll probably never stop coming back and playing this game unless future operating systems don't bother to support this type of file.
[color=gray]It is me[/color]
[color=red]THE CLASSIC MINI FAN![/color]

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby whoami » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:14 pm

A rather vivid (but not perhaps nice) memory I have is of launching MM2 and then waiting around 10 minutes for the game to start. :P (This was before I found Speedboot)
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dummiesboy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:35 pm

Too many memories to recall. I could go on for hours about how I played the game as a little kid, using every mod out there... or I could go on for hours about the time I joined the community, and began really playing online. I could also go on for hours about the people I've met through the community who have literally changed my life.

carmaniac
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby carmaniac » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:58 pm

Midtown Madness 3 will always have a place in my heart (it was the first Midtown Madness game i played!) but Midtown Madness 2 has a bigger space :lol:

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Postby zoot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:45 am

Too many memories to recall. I could go on for hours about how I played the game as a little kid, using every mod out there... or I could go on for hours about the time I joined the community, and began really playing online. I could also go on for hours about the people I've met through the community who have literally changed my life.
D'aw thanks Jer.
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

chris534mm2
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 13 years 5 months

Postby chris534mm2 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:09 am

Really all i remember is going onto MM2C and arguing with all the bus people, that and living a secret double life as an LTV member and a member of a bus group (Steves Travel i recall)
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/843791b1fc5535b2cfbd18bc28a3527b.gif[/img]

Seahawk
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 11 years 3 months
India

Postby Seahawk » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:26 am

I got MM2 by a pendrive in 2009. It contained addon vehicles but I thought them default. In 2010 I saw MM2x and knew that those vehicles were addons, in 2011 I thought to join it and in 2012 I joined it.
-Seahawk
Third Best New-comer screen shooter of the year 2013
Second Best MM1 screen shooter of the year 2014