What memories does MM2 bring you?

MidMadDriver
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 11 years 5 months

Postby MidMadDriver » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:07 pm

[DELETED]
Last edited by MidMadDriver on Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:14 pm

My dad played MM2 while I was what, 4? Ya I'm younger than most of you. lol. Anyway, I always played against him, and of course, he would beat me with his mighty Lego car, while I drove the BMW shown at the top of the page. Those were the days. :)
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

Midtown_Madtastic2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Postby Midtown_Madtastic2 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:36 am

I remember my father installing Motocross Madness 2 that came in free with a computer he bought... that was when i was 3 (2004)... Then on installation, Midtown Madness 2 showed up, and he got curious, and installed it. I shall thank MCM2 installer for making me discover this underrated racing masterpiece... And my father found addon cars on mm2br, going from ferraris to lamborghinis... then i found more sites, then i found MM2X... I found about MM1 in 2005.
Rhyme is a waste of time, why not rhytm?

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:19 pm

I remember my father installing Motocross Madness 2 that came in free with a computer he bought... that was when i was 3 (2004)... Then on installation, Midtown Madness 2 showed up, and he got curious, and installed it. I shall thank MCM2 installer for making me discover this underrated racing masterpiece... And my father found addon cars on mm2br, going from ferraris to lamborghinis... then i found more sites, then i found MM2X... I found about MM1 in 2005.
That's exactly how I got it XD.

[img][/img]

Midtown_Madtastic2
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 10 years 10 months

Postby Midtown_Madtastic2 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:44 am

That's exactly how I got it XD.
What a coincidence.
Rhyme is a waste of time, why not rhytm?

HummersRock
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Postby HummersRock » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:13 pm

I have a lot of memories of MM2. I have played it so much, modded for it so much, posted on MM2 forums so much, tried to find as many mm2 sites as I could, and tried to find all the mods I could.

I got the demo for MM2 back in 2005 on a cd. I played it a lot and really liked it. I searched for sites and mods before I could even buy the full version. I tried mods and cracks on the demo but couldn't get anything to work. I was really excited when I finally had the full game. I started trying out mods immediately.

I started posting on MM2x, MM2c, and soon the Midtown Madness Czech site (well, it was in English). I soon started modding for MM2. I had tons of fun creating different mods and tracks. And playing of course.

After all these years, I'm still posting on MM2 forums.
[url=https://bit.ly/znpgtp][color=deepskyblue]My MM2 Creations[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/o9c3][color=red]My MM2 Youtube[/color][/url] | [url=https://bit.ly/yfqjeq][color=green]My DeviantArt[/color][/url]

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 1 month
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:00 pm

I got my MM2 for Christmas in 2000 or 2001, for many years I had no addons, later I've starting downloading them and making simple mods, I have many memories with MM2 but it's too hard to tell all ones :P

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:35 pm

That's awesome, Dummiesboy. :wink: It's pretty similar about me, except for the online playing. Nice there, HummersRock, the same is with me reading the first paragraph. :wink:

Here my memories collected with this game.
Got and discovered MM2 in beginning of 2002 (or maybe it was in late 2001) due to a my cousin who lent his copied disc copy to me (he lent me all his racing and cars driving PC games, which were about ten). I burnt my copy from it. I was still pretty new to PC games (got my first PC with some games installed at home in March 2001, but I had already used and learnt something of computers in 2000), and MM2 impressed me because of its free roaming around cities: it has been my first driving game with this kind of gameplay; I remember to have cruised around London before San Francisco.
After few months of game playing attempting to complete it, I decided to look for the existence of add-on cars and mods for it, so from my cousins' house (which had internet connection and already knew a lot about computers and gaming; they're indeed older than me) I downloaded my first two cars add-ons on 1st October of 2002 (the archive files last edit dates say so) from MM2C (probably the website was this).
Successively, from 2003 to 2007, I used to go to an Internet point, where, besides the other things, I habitually used to follow MM2 modding websites to look and get new releases. I've always got a particular interest in things related with this game also attempting to create something of my for it: this never happened with other games, at least at so high levels. Since May 2007 I have an Internet connection at home, and so I started my long and big activity in the community. The rest is story...
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:36 am

^ That's worth the read, I've always wondered how you've come to MM2, Franch. I'd like to hear more actually. :)

[img][/img]

Toyzidro
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 18 years

Postby Toyzidro » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:24 am

Playing MM2 multiplayer at MSN Gaming Zone 2001 with a 56kbps dial modem

Founding MM2BR website 2004

Hosting brazilian tournaments since 2006

Shader Mod 2 2007 i guess

Publishing mods and cars from brazilian modelers.

COOLGUY200
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 13 years

Postby COOLGUY200 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:58 pm

I bought my copy of Midtown Madness 2 at a thrift store when I was 8 or 9. I don't remember all of the mods I got, but I think I got Riva's Ford Fiesta, Reflections mod, New York City (the better one)
and some mods off of Midtown Madness 2 Central. Here is the bad thing though...

...MM2 CENTRAL IS GONE FOREVER.

Oh, sorry for the all caps, just really loved those low poly cars they had. I wonder if Mr.Sparkle's GTI and Ford tow truck with rusty 1974 Barracuda still exist.

cody
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Postby cody » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:18 pm

MM2Central isn't gone, but you'll have to go here. The main site may be messed up, but the files are still there
My Member Number is prime. LOL!

whoami
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby whoami » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:49 pm

MM2Central isn't gone, but you'll have to go here. The main site may be messed up, but the files are still there
Best. Thing. Ever. :D

Thanks for the link! MM2C was the first mod site I found, and there are a LOT of cars I wanted to drive again. :)
[color=white]Nobody told me MM2 works on Windows 10![/color]