BIGzee's Works

Cars and probably other stuff

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:22 pm

Really nice car, great choice. :) Very good work with the pretty original presenting. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 9 years 2 months

Postby BIGzee » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:32 am

Nice job on the paints :), I meant the lens flare, sorry I should have been more clearer on my question.
Thanks again ! Naah, thats okay, and the lens flares are just another ltglow.tga and ltglow_ni.tga made from scratch using only one lens flare template where i tried giving it an anamorphic look but instead turned out not good. Hence i scrapped the li'l project for public release (maybe not permanently) and decided to use it only for screenshots. And it only looks perfect on the player car and traffic cars. Try them https://www.mediafire.com/?v1fcwhlc8msbd5u
Really nice car, great choice. :) Very good work with the pretty original presenting. :wink:
Thank you very much, the result of your support it is :wink:
Sorry for the double post earlier.
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Postby StanOfGB » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:20 pm

Impressive progress! :)

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:36 pm

When "Tune time" surfaces, I'm always in panic. I gave it a close to realistic performance which feels quite slower than most other cars. Hence I've increased the near cam's FOV to compensate the sedated performance. Will keep updating.
Impressive progress! :)
Thank you StanOfGB. :D
ImageImage
Keanu Reeves chose the Red pill and started bending spoons. I chose ZModeler 1.07b and made my own Matrix.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby KingAndy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:11 pm

Pretty sweet convertion. I'm amazed how quick you learned how to convert cars for MM2, and make a really decent work.
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:54 pm

Pretty sweet convertion. I'm amazed how quick you learned how to convert cars for MM2, and make a really decent work.
That's right, Even I can't believe it with all this response for the newbie :o Only started a month ago after i joined mm2x. Silent1unknown's tutorial is straight up erudition, i say. Just haven't found any tutorial for photoshop as easy as his. Thanks a real lot for noticing, KingAndy. This means a lot to me :D
ImageImage

chargerbandit
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 9 years 4 months

Postby chargerbandit » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:44 pm

Nice Subaru, I am a fan of Subarus and that looks very nice.
[center][img]https://i61.tinypic.com/28u1zso.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][color=gold]Car modeler of the year[/color] - [color=gold]Newcomer member of the year[/color] - [color=#C0C0C0]MM2 breakout of the year[/color][/center]

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:18 pm

Nice Subaru, I am a fan of Subarus and that looks very nice.
Thank you, chargerbandit. :) For a Subaru fan as well as more of these to come, I hope you'll like the upcoming one. :wink:

Thanks everyone, for appreciating and supporting the first of my conversions. You guys are great. :) Franch88 is doing the final fixes and spells on the Stock BRZ.

A new addition to the family.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

The Subaru BRZ GT is a GRID 2 conversion of a 2013 Subaru BRZ with only a GT Bodykit and some sponsored race spec tuning/parts upgrades. This one gnawed on my free time as the liveries aren't mine and took me long enough just to get the permissions. Finally I was allowed to use two of them and I had to scrap four others, leaving me with just four in total - Two from Steam Community (the GRID 2 section moderator was kind enough to permit me to use the two), the Team Intel livery which is the one from the pics above, is from GRID 2's DLC and one Livery made from scratch by me.

Now, the certain features I could point out, some aren't perfect as yet, but still...
The Nitro flames aren't the NOS-mod related ones. Instead I tried giving them an effect where these flames sputter when the Turbo ceases spooling whlist downshifting gears, especially while braking. And instead of the conventional "+" kinda cross arrangement for the flame objects, I've used a strange looking "multiple surfaces" oriented flame prop. Unnecessary addition of polys but results in an eye candy way better than the "+" arrangement. I kept away from the nitro flames' reflections (similar to the headlight beams and brakelight/reverse light reflections in the stock BRZ), because they mingled with the brake light reflections and looked unrealistic. I'll think a way around, meanwhile.

These are just plain disc glow textures binded with the BLIGHT objects like any other. Maybe (MAYBE) in the next releases I might include an animation (Plain disc to Hot disc transition). For a start, I think different glows would do :arrow:
Rest are the same headlight-brakelight beams similar to the stock version, minus the reverse light reflections.

My Biggest, Sincerest thanks to Franch88 for helping/assisting me with literally every asset in function and putting up with my neverending questions :twisted:

And Sorry if i spoke too much or overdid stuff by these badly photoshopped images or by adding too many images in the first place, all that too for just one car :?
And please do suggest me any edits/changes/missed something or if you find something that disturbs the theme of the game itself or something that shouldn't exist at all. Feel free to do so without any hesitation. :oops: Will keep updating...

Oh, and some sneak peeks :arrow:
ImageImage

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Cool new edition with cool features. The extra effort on the NOS flames will make it more epic. I'm just wondering how you will link it to the downshifting of the gears? Or you timed the animation that way? Still good. ;)

Excited to see the new teaser cars too. Good luck on them.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Oh yes I can't wait for that Charger! :D
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:22 pm

Wow nice ideas and great cars! :o As Silent said, how did you link gear shifting with appearance of flames? And maybe you should make brake light glow on the road to appear only in rain so it looks like reflection from wet road.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

BIGzee
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby BIGzee » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:45 pm

Cool new edition with cool features. The extra effort on the NOS flames will make it more epic. I'm just wondering how you will link it to the downshifting of the gears? Or you timed the animation that way? Still good. ;)

Excited to see the new teaser cars too. Good luck on them.
Thanks a real lot. :D Oh, no no, :lol: I just timed it that way. And they aren't real time too. I just gave them a random number of frames and framerates and it seemed close to good/blended with the functions. And I was amazed to look at the nitro-sputtering before a race. Gives off that street racing feel. 8O

But looks bad at night. That I could say
Do you have any suggestions on improving the flame ?
Oh yes I can't wait for that Charger! :D
The R/T '15 from Furious7 DLC for Horizon 2, that one, especially is buggy. Functional and promising as ever, yet buggy. Will patch it up soon.
Wow nice ideas and great cars! :o As Silent said, how did you link gear shifting with appearance of flames? And maybe you should make brake light glow on the road to appear only in rain so it looks like reflection from wet road.
Thanks. :wink: Actually i never linked/synced anything. Tried that already. Now imagine I synced the BrakeCoef (In my case i decreased the values) with the framerate and number of blank frames, altogether - and i run the car to test in normal conditions and voila, it syncs with the downshifting. Then i try it again for the 2nd try, only this time there is a downslope/upslope on the road and the car stops unpredictably sooner/sluggishly and the sync is lost. The 3rd try I immediately/successively apply the brakes at the same speeds and normal (flat road) conditions same as the 1st try, MM2 seems to pickup the last used frame and does not start start from frame-0001.tga. Same thing applies to when i hit something (in my driving's case, I'd say a solid wall) and the car may instantly come to a stop. Then I know the Sync is DEFINITELY lost. I don't think it even resets to the first frame after resetting the race, idk exactly. Gotta try.

Aah, the brake reflection idea is a sweet take. 8) I could make a more posterized or water colored version of the fxglowred.tga with added noise, yeah. I know the suffix for fog that is _fa.tga, but what is the rain's suffix ? I'll work on the .tga and show you the progress.
Last edited by BIGzee on Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:53 pm

So, the Charger is upgraded for offroad use basically?
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:49 am

Nice presenting. Great work so far. :)
The stock BRZ is in the way to be released.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

mm2mm1fan
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 9 months
United States of America

Postby mm2mm1fan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:54 am

Whoa, nice features on the BRZ! :D