Storm_Sullivan 2.0

Since Scratch Modelling didn't work out...

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:01 am

Good news everyone! My Win8 is running well, I got MM2 working, & I finally adapted to Zmod2.

Here's a taste of my latest progress:

...as you can see, there are parts that still have to be textured. Haven't converted them to a compatible file type yet. But when all is said & done, we'll have the mac, gauss, rocket, and transport Warthog variations from...um...I only play pc, so I'm a bit unsure which one this is from. I'm sure one of you guys can tell me :lol: Enjoy!
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Postby StanOfGB » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:37 am

Cool, looks interesting. :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:50 pm

Being planned for MM2, the main vehicle should be enough. Good idea. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

BUGATTIMAN253MPH
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 1 month
Ireland

Postby BUGATTIMAN253MPH » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:53 am

Good luck finding Master Chief online.
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Best Midtown Madness 2 car converter of the year
Author of the best Midtown Madness 2 car add-on of the year
Best active member Midtown Madness 1 screenshot-er

Best active member avatar
Best Midtown Madness 2 breakout of the year
Funniest active member

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:54 am

I actually have a few possible models of masterchief (player mods for gta), but I probably won't add cause all the model re in standing position and editing them with decent results is too much work :)

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Kunal2045 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:27 am

You could try rigging the character in Blender, or Maya. Google (or YouTube) it to know how to do it. That way you can move the limbs properly as a skeletal structure, I think.

Cool Warthog you got there. ;) Looks like its from Halo Reach.
[align=center][color=black]Sig[/color]
[img]https://www.imgweave.com/view/4838.png[/img][/align]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:32 pm

Blender...I can try that...

So its a Reach hog...thanks for the clarification :D

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:33 pm

A word on my first project, the DAF XF, I had a small "backslide". I have two DAF models. One from GTA SA:

And one from ETS 2:

I don't know which one I like more, but with so many other projects on my agenda, I really don't want to do both. So I'm considering kind of a "merger" but I as wondering which cab everyone likes better, the more dome shaped ETS 2 with roof lights, or the GTA SA without roof lights.

Oh, and if everyone likes the roof with lights, how do I do the "LED" look like the Brazil team's DAF in the gallery has?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:45 pm

There's still a lot to do with these buses, they're in ZModeler 2 at the moment. The LED lights effect can be made attaching them to the TLIGHT object, but this will be done much later.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:03 am

Definitely a lot to do :lol: . To be honest, I've done a lot and it still feels like I've done nothing. I figured the LED effect would come later, just wasn't sure whatall was involved with making them look "LED-y".:wink:

Stage 1 is stripping all components to wireframe and seeing if I can scrape off a few polies so I don't run into problems later. As you can imagine, it takes forever :)

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:04 am

I like the GTA SA one more, it looks cool. Well, there's a lot to do like deleting dummies, god luck with that. :wink:
There's still a lot to do with these buses

:P
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:10 pm

Oh, a little mistake. :P Looking for the next update. :wink:
I like the GTA SA one more, it looks cool. Well, there's a lot to do like deleting dummies, god luck with that. :wink:
But, see what you did, on the other hand... :lol: :P

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:57 pm

So here's the Avalanche, partially colored.
The spectacular highlight is enabled on the texture, will that cause issues with MM2?

Also, through the windows, part of the interior appears invisible (I know, can't see it in that shot). I thought about deleting the interior and just having opaque windows for the sake of lower poly, but is there any other way to address the issue?

Here's another project while we're at it, you might be able to see the window issue here:

Last edited by Storm_Sullivan on Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:59 pm

Good work so far.
Spectacular highlight? What is that? You can fix that windows seeing-through issue by splitting the BODY_H object per material, moving the object with the windows material assigned down all the others (more also other parts with semi transparencies, if there are) and re-unite them all to remake the BODY_H object.

Those links aren't direct to images, they don't end with an image file extension type, so the IMG BBCode can't work with them.

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:29 am

Spectacular highlight is an option on the materials editor. Kinda acts like non-metallic reflections.

The pictures were snapped and uploaded via Monosnap cause my quickgrab stopped working properly and my searches failed to bring up the Quickgrab website. The problem was that the Monosnap site didn't copy in BBcode format. Then I realized the key I forgot was Imgur. So it finally functions correctly.