Storm_Sullivan's projects

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:18 am

You want to make a general shape first with few large polygons, then break them down slowly and mold it into the shape of the car.
But that cannot be done for all parts of the car, how will you break a strip into smaller polies for areas like where the door meets the upper body. Zmodeler will make faces like this:
instead of making them according to the body contours like this:
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:45 am

1. I didn't mean to say "You must never create single polys...", I just meant for most of the time...especially in the beginning.

2. In fact, it is possible to break down a strip of polies. You break two opposite edges [of a rectangle], re-orient the diagonal edge that was already there, then repeat the procedure as many times as you need.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:50 pm

News update!
I now have a real email. Will soon have dropbox as well.
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:41 am

I think I now have all the files I need to be able to render a fully functional cruiser (except for emergency lights). Did anyone happen to make a tutorial solely devoted to making emergency lights?

And could someone please explain what I do with the blueprints?
Gimp or paint.net and what do I do exactly?

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:10 am

Sorry its been so long, but real life tends to be that way. I'm not even using the same computer I started this project with. I'm about ready to start modelling the blueprints, but I discovered the necessity to re-remake them as they got messed up in the transfer.

Unfortunately, my computer told me that the Paint.net download was from a site of malicious content\spyware. Can someone maybe upload it to this site in the programs section or something?

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:17 am

. Can someone maybe upload it to this site in the programs section or something?
lol No. Get it from here.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:25 pm

I clicked download, and my web-blocker said it was spyware\malicious content. I've already experienced a hacker and 12 Trojans because I didn't listen to it, so now even something I think I can trust becomes suspicious

Diatosta
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Diatosta » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:25 pm

I clicked download, and my web-blocker said it was spyware\malicious content. I've already experienced a hacker and 12 Trojans because I didn't listen to it, so now even something I think I can trust becomes suspicious
Lol, it's Paint.NET, IN a official website, so there's no danger. I would only worry if you were going to download it from a 3rd party website ;)
[color=white]MM2 lover! Yeah![/color]
[color=white]diatosta.pt[/color]

[color=white]Also, gotta love when people don't publicize their work or ask for support in their signatures. Also don't forget to check my unfinished mods and donate to my Paypal

Also, one of my trucks[/color]
[img][/img]

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Okay, got it now.

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Okay, technical difficulties with the Raptor, so while I'm dealing with those, I'm goina release on of Riva's unreleased Forza 3 conversions, a Saleen Supercab pickup truck. Not sure how I wanna do the tuning yet, as a street-drag or a dirt track.

Three things I need help with are: where's the lights tutorial? and also, how do I add custom paintjobs, and finally, does anybody have a decent dashboard I could use?

Thanks

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:18 am

Sounds good, at least soon we'll see something really related with the forum section here, because well, so far you haven't got the chance to post a car project progress.

What kind lights tutorial are you looking for? There aren't really specific ones.
What do you mean for adding custom paintjobs? If the car has a proper texture mapping for the body, and it's the case of the FM3 cars, you have the possibility to make elaborate paintjobs with decals and such; what's needed it's the patience and the skills to be able to do this.
Concerning a dashboard that you may use, for first, look if there's an interesting proper one from the available add-ons, then will be seen for its using in your project; alternatively, it could be made from the high quality 3D interior, present for all the FM3/4/Horizon cars.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:52 am

I thought maybe there was a tutorial on how to create lightbeams (headlights, brakes, and all) and then implement them so they work properly.

I meant how to add more paintjobs, cause right now its only got one as far as I know. I figured there was a more professional, realistic way to do it than opening the paint window and painting the entire thing neon purple or something :)

I checked the dashboard section of the FM3 downloads, but it was only the interior for the model, not actually a board. I guess I could make a board from that, but I don't really know how. Fortunately, since blueprint setup and facing are my biggest struggles, the car should come through smoothly.

If I were to make a dashboard out of a photo, does this show enough, or would the shot need to be wider?

https://gtcarlot.com/data/Ford/F150/2007 ... 59114.html

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:08 am

I thought maybe there was a tutorial on how to create lightbeams (headlights, brakes, and all) and then implement them so they work properly.
For the headlights projection beams it's used the shadow object. I'll PM you object and textures ready to use.
I meant how to add more paintjobs, cause right now its only got one as far as I know. I figured there was a more professional, realistic way to do it than opening the paint window and painting the entire thing neon purple or something :)
I'll PM you a tutorial about how do this.
I checked the dashboard section of the FM3 downloads, but it was only the interior for the model, not actually a board. I guess I could make a board from that, but I don't really know how. Fortunately, since blueprint setup and facing are my biggest struggles, the car should come through smoothly.
Well, it's right from the high quality 3D interior that you can make the dashboard view. There are many examples of this using of them, like in many Jelly's cars conversions.
It's enough point the camera ahead the dashboard well centered on the driver side, take away the steering wheel and make a screenshot of the dashboard without the steering wheel (and gauges needles too, possibly) and a screenshot of frontal side of the steering wheel. After, use them to make the 2D dashboard textures.
If I were to make a dashboard out of a photo, does this show enough, or would the shot need to be wider?
The photo quality and sizes are too low. The view could be better, because it's too higher and it shows too much of the top part of the dashboard. The steering wheel is ok. The gauges must be changed taking the ones from and high quality image. Final solution: not a good photo, it must be rejected.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:27 pm

Have you got the stuff yet?

Edit: reply got.

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:48 pm

Saleen Supercab is nearing completion!

1. Creating, implementing dashboard
2. Adding lights
3. Adding tuning and sound files
4. Edit base tuning to accuracy
5. Moving files around
6. Exporting everything to archive
7. Testing
8. Final touch-ups, if necessary
9. Writing a readme
10. Uploading

It really is something to finally be so close to an actual release :D