Released Mad Max V8 Interceptor

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Making a shadow that looks like a shadow

Postby KingAndy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi guys, I'm making the finishing touches on my Interceptor before start building the dash. A few time ago I tryed to create my own shadow for the car, but it got messed up in game and, instead, I import to the model the a shadow surface and the shadow texture from a default car. But that shadow looks so bad and the new cars for MM2 always have a custom shadow, so I want one in mine. But, well:

-> I made a really nice shadow for my car, that looks awsome on ZModeler:

-> But, when I try it in game the texture get messed up and looks horrible! Only the default texture works, but I don't like the default texture!:

And in the photos you can see too how my model looks like now, I made a few changes since the last screenshots I take. But please, can you help me with the damn shadow?
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:59 am

This texture visibility problem usually happens because of incorrect sizes of the same texture, at least about one of the two parameters, height or width. Make sure that both are correct, if not, resize the texture to the nearer values. Probably your texture has to be of 512 pixels of height and 128 pixels of width.
Good choice about don't use anymore the sirens and prefer an original horn instead, because at the end, the lights aren't never visible through the semi-transparent objects.

PS: post in this topic any future problem that you may get with your cars in progress.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:14 am

Thanks for your help, I (finally) could make my custom shadow working! I already installed the lights effect on this shadow too, so there is a night screenshot for you see the new shadow and the effect of the lights.

Special thanks to Franch88 and Sajmon14 ;)

PS: post in this topic any future problem that you may get with your cars in progress.
Sorry about that, now all my questions/ progress on this model I share with you on this topic :)

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi guys, today I started making the textures for the dashboard of my Interceptor. I take the pictures from the model, because the interiors of it are really well made.

The dashboard:

The steering wheel:

I know they look a bit pixlerized, and I need to remove the indicators from the speedometers, but don't worry, that's the next step.

Another thing I want to do (and that's why I take a big picture from the dashboard) is make the dashboard fit in the entire screen in game, and don't looks like the most addon cars that we can see the road on the left and on the right of the dash.

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Very cool! I like how you can see the engine from where you are sitting. :) But, it doesn't look like you are sitting normally in the drivers seat, more like between the seats.

BTW you are an amazing car maker considering you got the game quite recently. 8)
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:46 pm

Very cool! I like how you can see the engine from where you are sitting :). But, it doesn't look like you are sitting normally in the drivers seat, more like between the seats.
Don't worry, this is just the screenshot I take isnide de car capting all of it, I already cut it for in game looks like we are sitted in the drivers seat :)
BTW you are an amazing car maker considering you got the game quite recently. 8)
Thanks a lot :D

But I didn't got the game recently, I played it for almost a year and before I made my MM2X account I already come to this website to download MODs. I'm good working on computers, so I decided to join to this community for learn how to make my own cars. After seeing some tutorials it become easy, only needed to get all the software I needed and put it working ;)

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:07 pm

I played it for almost a year
Thats quite small compared to others here (including me :biggrin2: I've been playing professionally since I was 5 :oops:)

[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:50 pm

You've started well the dashboard making, keep it up. :) You could well zoom more on the driver's place, still keeping the perfect view with the 16:9 screens resolutions (the thing that you describe about most dashboard it's because of this, with 4:3 screen resolutions they look perfect).
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Anyone knows how can I make a dashboard without it looks a square in game (that thing i said about we can see the road on the left and right side of the dashboard)? I think dashboard placer only makes square dashes, but on them we can't make so much detailed dashes.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:58 pm

By default MM2 Dashboard Placer program creates square dashboards for a proper view only with 4:3 and 5:4 screen resolutions. For the 16:9 ones you need to enlarge more the main dashboard object. Import the generated dashboard .pkg file in ZModeler and adjust the size of all the elements as it's needed, especially the steering wheel. At the end, export as dashboard type replacing the old file and setting the _R gear texture suffix replacing with the successive ones.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:13 pm

Thank you Franch88 :)

The dashboard is going nicely, I'm still on paint.net part but it's looking really good (I got another inside picture not from my car with much better quality, it's not done yet so I'll show you when done).

But now, another question: how can we make smoke comming out of the exhaust pipes, like is some trucks?

Storm_Sullivan
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby Storm_Sullivan » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:22 pm

I think smoke like trucks only works with stacks like trucks.
[color=red]Religion: Man going to God
Christianity: God coming to man

SSMC Studio, offering emergency vehicle conversion from GTA SA, GTA IV, ETS2, & DSF to MM2. See what I do [url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5566]here[/url][/color]

America faces a threat worse than ever before. Yesterday, George taxed our tea. Today, Obama taxes our freedom. Tomorrow, someone may tax our mortal lives. We must act now, to stop this threat. The Rebel Alliance begins here.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:51 pm

Sounds good, keep up the good work. :wink:

For me it's not good put the exhausts smoke in this car, because that's more appropriate on trucks, and on them it looks better too. This doesn't mean that you can't know how to make it, anyway. :wink:
To have the exhausts smoke you just need two simple objects, like the flat ones used for the headlights, named EXHAUST0_H:m and EXHAUST1_H:m, and place them almost in the part where you want the smokes to come out; you can well use only the first one if you want only one smoke to come out.

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:22 pm

Hi guys, sorry I did'nt tell you the progress on my car in the last days, but that's because I'm stuck on the dashboard. It's already playable, nice looking, 16:9, but the dashboard, tachometer and speedometer don't rotate normally, instead the rotation center of them is not in the right place and they rotate in a strange way, moving from the place they are. Anyway, there is a print from the dashboard in game (the speedometer and tachometer are somewere out of the screen, like I said they move arround :reprobar: ). The dashboard is from a print I take from a youtube video, of a convertion of this car for the game rFactor. The steering wheel I created from a google picture, but both of them are in beta stage, lots of things need to be improved.

The problem is sure in .dash.asnode file, because shanging the wheel pivot numbers the steering moves in a diferent way, but never the right one :chillar:

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:23 pm

If that is finished, that will be one of the best dashboards I know. :)

[img][/img]