Released Mad Max V8 Interceptor

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Released Mad Max V8 Interceptor

Postby KingAndy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi guys, well I was really curious for know how to make a car conversion from GTA San Andreas to MM2, and with my account in MM2X I could read the topics of the forum about car convertions. With some research in Internet I discover how to convert a car and what software I need. And so I started making my own first car convertion! There are a lot of MOD cars for San Andreas, but I choosed Mad Max V8 Interceptor. it's already playable, but the shadow is bad texturized (it looks nice in ZModeler but bad in game), the lights don't work and there is not a driver inside of the car. Well, I'll take some prints to show you.

But I'm with some questions that I want to ask you: - the original MOD for San Andreas I take from internet. It was made in 2007, so it's not a recent MOD. For people who convert cars from GTA SA, do you ask permission for release your car to the San Andreas MOD creator?
- When my car is complete, can I post it in MM2X for people download it?
- I didn't understand in internet how to make the lights of the car. Can you explain it to me or post a link of a webpage where it's explained?
Best active member avatar
Best active member MM1 screenshot-er
Friendliest active member

Most helpful active member
Best MM2 car converter of the year
Best MM2 innovation of the year
Author of the best MM2 mod of the year
Best active user's self amatory site

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:54 pm

[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:25 pm

I think its OK to use somoeone's car in the San Andreas MOD creator without permission, only for yourself though, if you are going to post it here, you definetly need permission. :wink:
[img][/img] [color=gold]MM2x Awards 2014 - Most Friendly Active Member[/color]

[img][/img]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:52 pm

aaro4130: Thank you, I'll try to make the lights for my car :)

EnzoSkylineMiura: Thanks for the information. Well, I have the contact of the San Andreas MOD creator in readme file of the MOD, so I'll ask him for permission. In that case, I think it's better to only post prints of the car after the creator of the MOD respond to my ask :)

About the shadows, the problem is solved. I was trying to make my own shadow, but now I decided to use instead the original shadow from the default MM2 cars. Now only miss the driver and the dashboard (the dashboard I'll do it later).

aaro4130
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby aaro4130 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Can you release your mod at MM2X?
Yes if it meets todays car conversion standards and you have permission

Forgot that one :P
[img]https://i61.tinypic.com/25zrngo.jpg[/img][color=white]
- Most creative active member
- Most smart active member
- Best MM2 innovation of the year
- Best programmer

[img]https://i60.tinypic.com/2m4c2h5.jpg[/img]
- Most helpful active member[/color]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:13 pm

Can you release your mod at MM2X?
Yes if it meets todays car conversion standards and you have permission

Forgot that one :P
Well, my car has nice quality. About the permission, when my MOD is done, I'll ask to the San Andreas MOD creator for permission. If he answer me I can use it, I post some prints of the car here and you say if I can release my mod at MM2X or not.

BTW, the San Andreas mod I used is this one: https://gtabrteam.blogspot.pt/2007/05/fo ... eptor.html.

My conversion has the same look of this one, so you can have a idea how my car looks like.

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:22 pm

There's only been one mad max interceptor and that had bad quality. But yours looks great! :D By the way, I also used the default shadow as well. :wink:

[img][/img]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:11 pm

There's only been one mad max interceptor and that had bad quality. But yours looks great! :D By the way, I also used the default shadow as well. :wink:
I didn't know about the other Mad Max mod, I made this car because I wanted to drive it on MM2. When I read your post I searched on internet about it and I found it, and yes, it's a really bad quality car :-/ Mine is better, and if the creator of the SA mod allows me, I would love to share mine with the community.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:49 pm

Sounds nice, good luck with the converting of this model. :wink: Hope you get the permission from the author, something that not always succeeds to happen. The model it's really good, a very good start, so you neither have to ask if it'll be published here or not, 'cause it will. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Sounds nice, good luck with the converting of this model. :wink: Hope you get the permission from the author, something that not always succeeds to happen. The model it's really good, a very good start, so you neither have to ask if it'll be published here or not, 'cause it will. :wink:
Thanks! I'm trying to contact the 2 creators of this MOD (the original scratch model creator, that made this car for GTA Vice City, and the MOD converter who convert this car for San Andreas).

About the car I made some new things since my last post, now it has the sounds of the default 99 Mustang of the game, and working police siren (not lights, the police light of this car is inside the car, and the light can't be see from the outside, so I made the sirens really small and inside de model, for they be invisible). The backside lights of the car are totally functional now, I only did't made yet the headlights. For the model be finished, I will make a dashboard (probably I'll modify the default Mustang Fastback dashboard), and put a driver inside the car (is it possible to a car creator let me use the driver and his textures of one of his cars, for I use in mine?).

Another thing, I can't open my car's ar. file in Ultimate Tweaker, but the car is totally playable in game. Anyone knows what is the problem?

EnzoSkylineMiura
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby EnzoSkylineMiura » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:48 pm

Another thing, I can't open my car's ar. file in Ultimate Tweaker, but the car is totally playable in game. Anyone knows what is the problem?
I've had that on my VW Golf MK1 that I'm making (off topic: check it out! :P)Ill be watching this topic for answers to this question, but Franch88 gave me this tutorial here to show what the values mean in the TUNE folder. :wink:

[img][/img]

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:07 pm

I've had that on my VW Golf MK1 that I'm making (off topic: check it out! :P)Ill be watching this topic for answers to this question, but Franch88 gave me this tutorial here to show what the values mean in the TUNE folder. :wink:
Thanks for your reply, I already saw that tutorial before, when the car is done I will try to custom the tune files manually, but anyway thanks for the help :aprobar: :)

And sure, I'll see your VW, even because the Golf MK1 is a car I really like :P

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Hi guys, the V8 Interceptor is done, only miss the dashboard.

For another project, I got a idea: I will convert one of the default cars of GTA San Andreas. They are cool, and I really like some of them. I'll make a small search to see what car would be nice to people drive in MM2. What do you think about this idea?

EDIT: When I was reading my emails, I discover the creator of the original V8 Interceptor answer to my email and let me use his MOD. Once I can't contact the creator of the converter to San Andreas, I'll made my convertion again, but from the Vice City MOD (the one that I have permission), and when it's done I tell you. If I need to show you the mail that the mod creator sent me, there is no problem.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 9 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:51 pm

If you've done the car converting, or at least got it to work in-game, you could show it to us with some screenshots. :wink:
Good to have got an answer with the permission from the author. If you want to show the e-mail, and it hasn't something personal, you could do it, but it's not really necessary. :wink:
Personally I'm not fan or fantasy cars and of cars that copy real existing ones, like the ones in the GTA games series. There are already some converted from GTA San Andreas to MM2 by Riva, and there are a bunch converted from GTA IV.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

KingAndy
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby KingAndy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:24 pm

Yes, screenshots comming! :D

Like I said in my presentation, I have lots of MOD in my game, so the prints have lots of stuff not from the original game (but you can get all from MM2X website :) ). I have a MM2 copy without MODs in my computer, but I prefer to use the modded one to take the screenshots because it's the coolest one. Important thing: to have the same reflections quality, you should have the reflections MOD that Riva made.

It's almost done, only miss the dashboard, the guy sitted inside it and improving the tuning files to look more realistic.

Some things of this car:
- Engine sounds from the default 99 Mustang;
- Working police siren;
- Nice medium polygon car.