Optare Tempo [Cancelled]

transdev_joe
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Optare Tempo [Cancelled]

Postby transdev_joe » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:38 pm

I am working on an Optare Tempo - no interior - and I was wondering if there was any way of joining up two sides easily? Because the faces are joining in the wrong places.
Last edited by transdev_joe on Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Postby e-cobra » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:54 pm

You have to switch 'see through' off in the active view while fusing two vertices into one. This will make sure that only 2 vertices are selected at once. Can you show some screenshots?
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

transdev_joe
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby transdev_joe » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:38 pm

But only one side shows when see through is off - even on front and backview (the front and back were there to try out the method in the car making tutorial - and I do have blueprints)

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:03 pm

That's because you have only mirrored and moved the left part as seen in the image (right side of the truck). To fix it, make sure SEL is off (its off in the above image) Then click Modify>Reorient and finally click on the right part of the truck. This will invert faces such that they are visible from outside. :mrgreen: Next, unite both halves into one object and go to vertices level and join them one-by-one.
[img][/img]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5362&start=52&highlight=e-cobra][color=gold][size=75]MM2X Awards[/size][/color][/url]
[b][size=84][color=blue]If a tree falls in the woods and no one?s around to hear it, does it make a sound?[/color][/size][/b]

transdev_joe
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby transdev_joe » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:47 pm

edit: Where did you get truck from? its a bus :?

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:58 pm

...its a bus :?
I thought so... :oops: Wireframe looks good!
EDIT: If the two halves are identical, or even similar, you should first completely make the left part and texture it and then mirror and reorient it so that you don't have to do texturing and connecting vertices again. :wink:
[img][/img]

transdev_joe
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby transdev_joe » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:50 pm

...its a bus :?
I thought so... :oops: Wireframe looks good!
EDIT: If the two halves are identical, or even similar, you should first completely make the left part and texture it and then mirror and reorient it so that you don't have to do texturing and connecting vertices again. :wink:
I'm surprised the wireframe has turned out ok as its my first ever model - the textures are different by the way. If I texture - but change texture on one side - will the lettering be mirrored?

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm surprised the wireframe has turned out ok as its my first ever model
Mine was horrible! :lol: If you texture one half and the texture contains letters and then you mirror & reorient it, then the letters will be mirrored. If both sides are mapped differently, like this, then intentionally invert letters using paint.NET (or any editor) so that they look normal.
OFF TOPIC: FYI, the image in the link is a bus that I'm making. The whole body colour is red, and could be assigned to a much smaller area, thus saving texture size but its other paintjobs (which are really weird! :bigeyes:) contain designs which are spread all over the body.
[img][/img]

transdev_joe
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby transdev_joe » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Not bad... but when see-through is off everything turns really wierd - like I can't see both sides of the bus on front view? Any idea how to fix?

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:18 pm

By turning see-through on. That's what see-through is for, so that if you want to edit some vertices in front (or any) view, you can, without disturbing the vertices just behind.
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Good luck with modeling this bus. Good start, but low the use of polygons on flat parts.
Thanks for your supporting e-cobra. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

transdev_joe
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby transdev_joe » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:49 pm

Good luck with modeling this bus. Good start, but low the use of polygons on flat parts.
Thanks for your supporting e-cobra. :wink:
Most of the polygons on the flat parts are to do with the blueprints - so they can be rotated later without the hassle of breaking objects. and thanks for the support e-cobra :D

e-cobra
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby e-cobra » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:18 pm

You're welcome, rather thank other members here from whom I learnt this stuff. :wink:
[img][/img]

transdev_joe
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby transdev_joe » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Project is currently on hold - due to good progress on Manchester MM2 - but this is not abandoned.

Progress on Manchester MM2 :arrow:

https://www.mm2x.com/modules.php?name=Forum ... 7447#77447