Well, here it is! I finished converting all the new cars made by Angel Studios for Midtown Madness 2, to make them playable in Midtown Madness 1. This car pack includes all previously released conversions, but all of them have been improved in one way or another.
List of features, only some of them are new:
* Top speed for each gear in every car is the same as in MM2. Transmissions are the same as well.
* Acceleration is roughly the same as in MM2 by comparing 0-60 times, and in some cases, 0-100.
* Dashboards with corrected speedometers.
* Controls, handling and physics have been adjusted considering how the cars behave in MM2 while considering how the MM1 physics engine works, which is obviously very different to the physics engine in MM2. Cars are a bit heavier than what they are in MM2, because that is also the case with every car that is present in both games.
* The audio has been adjusted to sound as close as possible to MM2, but it is not possible to make it sound exactly the same, since MM1 only supports 2 audio files per car while MM2 uses 4. Some audio files used here are combinations of audio files from MM2. All audio qualities are supported.
* POV cams and dash cams are the same as in MM2, while far and near cams are copied from original MM1 cars, since they don't translate quite well when you copy the values from MM2, although some of them have been slightly modified.
* Damage effects include damage textures, smoke, and proper values used in the banger files for the wheels.
* The textures now use proper clamping methods. This removes the lines that went right through the middle of some of the cars. The quality of some textures in-game have been improved.
* Full Software Rendering support.
* MM1-style headlights, compatible with MM1 Revisited v3.
* All the paint jobs from MM2 Revisited V5 are included.
* Descriptions in the vehicle selection screen are the same as in MM2, but they have been remade using the MM1 font and layout. Some of them have been modified because they were too long.
* Accurate statistics are shown in the vehicle selection screen.
* Cop cars have working sirens and cops don't chase after them.
Here are some pictures of the previously unreleased American LaFrance Eagle. I wasn't able to make the trailer change colors, so I decided to make it white, it looks ok to me. I also decided to imitate MM1 RV3 and make the front and rear lights flash with the sirens. As for bugs, it still needs to be played with Speed Loading, but at least I was able to remove the smoke from the original semi.
I intend to release this on MM2x, but I have a question since I'm not very familiar with uploading mods. I noticed that there is a file size limit of about 15 MB, and the Car Pack is about 36 MB. I also noticed that there are other mods that are larger than 15 MB. Am I supposed to provide my own download link in this case?