1969 Plymouth GTX [project continues in my cars topic]

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years

Postby CarLuver69 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:06 am

2 new colors - Alpine White and Black

Just need to finish up Blazin' Blue, Crazy Purple, Lime Green, and Radical Red ;)

UPDATE:

Special paintjob!

If you have any awesome ideas for a paintjob, please leave a suggestion here! I will probably end up making a "contribution" folder for custom paintjobs, and make it easy for you guys to add new paintjobs. ;)

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Postby RacingFreak » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:06 am

Very nice for taking my ideas, I told ya these fit the most :P

PS
You making renders using Zmod, right? You can delete the white and add shadow for better result ;)

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:14 am

No, I'm using 3DS Max for EVERYTHING. ZModeler is to get it in MM2.

Here's another special paintjob! This one's called Sunset Orange (or should it be called Sunset Yellow?) :D

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:09 am

Ah okay. Sunset Yellow sounds better btw. Can ya made the renders with .png? They will look better without that white BG ;)

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:20 am

I'm posting them with the white bg because MM2X has a dark background...

UPDATE:

Finally, the beast is completed and in-game!

I think those UV problems I'm having with the front fender are happening after they get imported into ZModeler...guess I have to fix them myself :reprobar:

We could be seeing a release as early as sometime next week. Stay tuned!

twcfan
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Postby twcfan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:39 pm

WOW those flames are Awesome!!!! Great Work!!!! :wink: what about a silver painjob?

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:14 pm

Cool paintjobs, very good work, looking ahead to see the other ones that you plan to add. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:56 pm

I see some flaws overall, nothing major, but like I said I can fix the stuff which is bugging ya, just PM or get on MSN ;)

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:13 pm

This is what I don't get. I can literally import the PKG into ZModeler, but the UV mapping errors that keep popping up in-game aren't there. Is it because I export the model from 3DS Max as a .3DS file and import it into ZModeler? What am I doing wrong? Everything's there but I have a feeling 3DS is doubling up my vertices as usual...
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:46 am

I'm sorry for the double post, but I am really ticked off right now.

I export my work from 3ds max using the .3ds exporter, and everytime I export it as a .3ds, it DOUBLES UP MY FACE COUNT. This is causing for some nasty glitches, and me and DB experienced constant crashes in Multiplayer...we simply can't play with my car because of this damn exporter doubling up the face count for whatever reason! The total amount of polies should be a mere 697, but take every single object in the scene and double that, you get a MUCH higher number. The body alone goes from 454 faces to 897! This is getting on my nerves and I'm about to lose my temper from this! I don't know how to use ZModeler, I can't stand it's user interface, it's always crashing on, me I HATE ZMODELER.
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]

[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:03 am

The .3ds format and ZModeler aren't a good couple, the program 3DS filter gives always problems in importing and exporting, for example, in exporting it creates problems with the normals. However, I never thought that in importing the faces and the vertices get doubled. Have you tried to use an older version of ZModeler just to do the .3ds file importing?
You may also try with the .lwo format, if 3Ds Max can export in this format, it's supported by ZModeler, but with it there's some fixing work to do and maybe at the end this idea doesn't work.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:49 am

I "acquired" ZModeler 2.2.4 and did an OBJ import --> Old Z3D Export. THE SAME THING HAPPENED! I don't know what the hell is going on, but now I'm really questioning ZModeler...my BOUND has over 100 polies because of this madness!

EDIT:

A user over at Tech-Artists responded to my thread about what's been going on, and here was their answer:

"If you've got the same number of vertices, then it isn't actually duplicating your faces. The 3DS exporter is triangulating all your polys. This is a limitation of the format -- nothing is going wrong. It just doesn't support polygons, only tris.

The normals issue is something else altogether.

Are you 100% sure this is causing the game to crash? It seems like there are a lot of things that could go wrong with a vehicle, the mesh not being the most likely.
"

I'll figure out what's going wrong otherwise. Bahahaha I feel like such an idiot now. :(

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:20 am

OMG Mark, I said I can help ya with this... been doing so much times conversions from 3D Studio MAX directly to Zmodeler and in-game export, you maybe know :)

PM me just.

Sido
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Sido » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:15 am

Great work man. :)

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:52 am

Dashboard in progress!

Let me just say this:

Trying to find pictures of a muscle car interior is nearly impossible. Building a dashboard for a car you don't own = suicide.

This picture alone is like 3 - 4 different pictures...