Test Drive: Overdrive Expansion pack for MM2

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby RacingFreak » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:14 pm

Well, actually it`s impossible to rip TD`s sound. I`m thinking of using sounds from TD5 instead :wink:

And as for the traffic cars - they don`t have any multiple paintjobs, unfortunately. I remember only seeing a blue version of the Mini Cooper, so I`ll add it. I didn`t counted how many polies do they have, but they`re detailed enough, on my opinion. I`m planning at completing the Mustang at first, and left doing the traffic mod, later at the next weekend.

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years

Postby CarLuver69 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:59 am

Can you explain how you rip these cars and why it's so hard to rip cars that aren't moving?
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 6 months

Postby RacingFreak » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:50 am

Well, all is done with 3D Ripper DX and 3D Studio Max. It`s actually not really hard to rip them, as they can be ripped out and from the car selection menu (actually - a garage scene with the car in the middle). I said it to be a bit harder, because one car itself, uses textures and texture coordinates (in day and night version) for several parts, mainly lights and tail lights. I`d decided to continue ripping them, because an successful rip may look like this:
It`s the Dodge Viper from the XBOX version. Loaded in 3D Studio MAX properly looks the same. Very clean modeling, I must say.

But since I`ll be busy for a while with studying, I will soon make special category in Racing Madness, with model rips, as well not only from TD 2002. I must put TD6 and Demolition Racer, too :wink: