Very old car remaking project

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Very old car remaking project

Postby zoot » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:08 am

I don't know if I should release this addon or not. Should I? It makes old cars, the VERY old ones from mm2france and mm2de. not new ones. The goal of this project is to keep the old-style mm2 cars. ;) The cars on the left are the old ones. Right is obviously new, edited ones. All credit goes to the original authors, only fixes go to me. ;) What do you guys think? pics:
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:24 am

Explain better the things, these are new stand alone cars add-ons made by you using very old cars releases, right? They aren't kind of mods to add with the old cars add-ons to fix them, an useless and not well thing to do anyway. Good interest in improve them, but how much can be the interest to download and try them? Remember that discourse about newer release quality.
If you've done many edits and changes you can release the unknown author ones as yours. You've already made a Suzuki Cappuccino, and the edits to the 1989 Honda Accord are few. To the 1959 Subaru 360 there's the issue of missing reoriented polygons for the interior roof and frames.
They have more a NFS 4 style than an MM2 one (some should be conversions of cars made from that game); the classic MM2 cars style is without 3D interiors.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:54 am

Okay. I'll re-explain the addon. This is an addon that changes nothing of the game. It edits the old vehicles for higher quality. Like models fixes, such as normals and dis-oriented polygons, textures fixes, such as transparencies issues, and other general fixes to make the cars a little nicer and more fun to drive. The tuning will be more old-mm2 style, a little less realistic and a little faster than newer releases. By mm2-style, I mean like these old addons. They are low-polygons and are tuned more towards fun. ;)

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:23 am

What first came to me was, why waste your time on this? But I understand you, looks better too. I would think these are good for traffic too.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:36 am

What I want to say is, if you want to release this work, that's better release these cars separately and as new releases, some also completely made by you, like the 1959 Subaru 360 and the Volkswagen Lupo. If you mean to make a mod for them and so then are needed the original cars add-ons too, is all badly done and not worth for who downloads it, is way easier download the car add-on to suddenly play.
Pretty agree about the wasting of time, probably you like to have done this work, but in very few would be interested in such low quality cars.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Sido
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Sido » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:33 pm

What first came to me was, why waste your time on this? But I understand you, looks better too. I would think these are good for traffic too.
agreed with Zac but i like them as player cars too :D

BTW:i would be nice to have the old version of subaru as damge textures in the new model
No, I am not ready for Hell! I don't even have my good shoes!

-Edward Richtofen

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:36 am

People at MM2Riva seem to like it. I have over 10 requests. 8 or so from Riva, 1 from Sajmon, 1 from KSH in Seoul and 1 from Zac.
Anyways. Update. The Daewoo Nubira, a request from KSH in Seoul is completed.

Hope you like it!

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:50 am

Very nice work.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:05 am

Very good work, looks like if made by another person, indeed. :wink: With more work it can be yours. The headlights now are the ones of the last version of Daewoo Nubira. Add the doors handles to the texture.
The Riva's suggestions are pretty interesting, but some should stay as they are because unique releases. Well, almost of those who requested to fix some cars are also here, not only at Riva's forum. :P
And, I confirm that a fixed default game 1959 Cadillac Eldorado will be included in MM2 Revisited Mod V4.

Sido
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby Sido » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:53 am

looks nice :)

-Edward Richtofen

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:04 am

I have an update. This car was redone by request from zac(A cube, I should've known :P ) Anyways, Here's a pic...

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:10 am

Looks pretty good, but now the color is too much flat, there aren't the handles and maybe is better make it as the more interesting actual Nissan Cube (you've also made it in your traffic mod if you remember), this one has a banal look. That won't keep anything of the original release, anyway.

Sido
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby Sido » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:00 pm

looks very cool now

-Edward Richtofen

dummiesboy
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Postby dummiesboy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:25 pm

Perfect quality for MM2. They look very good. I'm not sure why everyone is saying that the quality is too low to be interesting, but ignore them. These are the kind of models that should be in MM2. :wink:

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:39 pm

Really nice work.