Deanna Troi's Conversion Studios

"See page 1 of this topic for released & planned conversions"

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:19 pm

For Forza 3 cars, you'll see in the Material Editor that the body is colored by ZModeler itself, not a texture. Now, suppose you want to make a total of 3 paintjobs; green, blue and red. Here's what to do:

1. Make 3 textures, maybe 32x32 pixels each and with colors mentioned above. When you name them, add a suffix that starts with underscore (_). Example: { car_green.bmp, car_blue.bmp, car_red.bmp }

2. In Material Editor in ZM, go to the material responsible for body paint and load one of the 3 new body textures you just made for Primary Texture (with option Mix with color), lets say car_green.bmp. Also, if little preview color box isnt white, change it by clicking that square and choosing white. Click OK and close material editor.

3. Now export the model, but choose Multiple Paintjobs this time. Remove all the colors in the large white box at the right. In Replace suffix box, put the current color you are using (i.e. _green). Then add the other colors by naming them in the ...with suffix box and clicking Add to List. Finally, it should look like this:

4. Click Export, save if you need to and exit ZM.

5. Open the .info file found in the Tune folder (with notepad). The third value is Colors and you need to make sure it has 3 names (any names...a, b, c,....1, 2, 3,.....green, blue, red,......jade, sapphire, ruby....doesnt matter) separated by the vertical line symbol found under the Backspace button on your keyboard (|). It should look like this:

6. Save the file, make the .ar, play in game. Enjoy!

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Deanna_Troi
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Deanna_Troi » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:06 am

@matt1314: Big thanks, and cheers! :D

@Riva and Silent1Unknown: Big thanks for these suggestions guys, when I start my next conversion, and use this method to make multiple colors, i'll see how it turns out with this one. :D

By the way, I have submitted the GNX for download here, while Franch88 is checking that out, I have started another conversion project:
A 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8, a model from Turn 10's Forza Motorsport 3, and although StanofGB actually already did this one (and it looked cool enough), this one comes from FM3 and I have added plates and the plate textures of my own touch, and I consider this a redux. And I also plan to have a dash added on this one, and of course, this is where the color-adding comes into play, whether or not this will work in MM2, as before, I am still a beginner, and a amateur, so I'll have to see how this turns out. :wink: Also I am in need of good quality driver models, not just the driver models from NFS, but good one, so if any of you have it (doesn't matter what you have so far), PM me. :wink: Most appreciated in advance. :)
[color=orange]Best MM2 Breakout of 2010[/color]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/a701OBI.jpg[/img]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-1_luBqmkKKFUDgP18fiw]My YouTube Channel[/url]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=53209#53209]My MM2 Releases[/url]

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:11 am

Really great looking car. Good luck, conversions are going very smooth.

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:23 am

Nobody will complain if this car is released again. ;) It is just awesome.

If you need help with the paintjobs, I can do them for you. This car definitely should have multiple paintjobs. :)

Good luck.

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:55 am

Very nice work with the 1987 Buick GNX, now available for download at MM2X here. :) Everything is good, especially for the first own car made for MM2. :wink:
Very nice 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8, good convert this great model. :)
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:57 am

Very nice car, just right.

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Postby StanOfGB » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:33 am

Cool Challenger, yeah I don't mind unlike certain other people lol. Btw very good first car the GNX is! and do you have a nick name? I don't wanna be callin you deanna lol. (call me stan)

Sido
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Sido » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:14 pm

great buick i love it i just cant wait for the release of the dodge great work man
No, I am not ready for Hell! I don't even have my good shoes!

-Edward Richtofen

Deanna_Troi
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Deanna_Troi » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:55 pm

Big thanks Silent1unknown, Franch88, Zac4084, StanofGB, and Sido! :) Big cheers guys! :)

@StanofGB: Big thanks Stan! :D Yeah, Deanna_Troi is my username (I'm a gentleman who's a Deanna Troi/Marina Sirtis fan, in addition to being a Star Trek fan, thus hence the username ;)), my real name is Jesse so calling me that by my real name is cool. :)

Anyways, I managed to put the car ingame, and the multiple colors also worked too, all big thanks to Silent1Unknown and Riva...:) However, while in-game, the rims appear somewhat untextured, and the tires have the wrong movement (in fact, the rear wheels wasn't supposed to turn either, but it did). I did reinstall ZModeler, and not installing Maxoff's PKG filter this time, and I even tried anything I could do to make it look normal, but to no avail... Hmmm... what could I possibly do wrong? :?

[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-1_luBqmkKKFUDgP18fiw]My YouTube Channel[/url]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=53209#53209]My MM2 Releases[/url]

StanOfGB
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Postby StanOfGB » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:53 pm

fill in the background of the wheel text with a color

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Most of the textures (Forza 3) have an alpha layer and so, are saved as TGA 32 bits (typically when transparency is needed).

I left the wheel textures like that (as well as the nodamage, too) because the different layer are used in other video games. For MM2, opens wheel.tga and nodamage.tga then resaves them as TGA 24 bits. Overwrite the new textures, check in-game.

By the way, I forgot to tell you some things.

The badge object is most of the time, useless. Check if the current body object have already this badges/emblems. If "badge" is required (or some polys e.g.), don't save "nodamage" as a 24 bits texture, make a copy and save it under another name.

In this case (Challenger), you can delete "badge" (object and material).

wheel0.tga isn't needed, too. You can delete it. I left this file if someone want to get a better look with the rim (you can use this texture to remap the wheel). It's not really necessary, especially for this car with classic tones for the rim.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:55 pm

Great release that Buick! It was needed in a better quality. The Challenger looks also really nice so far, looking forward to it. :)

Sido
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Sido » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:52 pm

challenger looks awesome in game
No, I am not ready for Hell! I don't even have my good shoes!

-Edward Richtofen

Deanna_Troi
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby Deanna_Troi » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Big thanks and cheers matt1314 and Sido! :)

While I am struggling to get only the front wheels of the Challenger to turn (it still kept turning on all fours when only the front wheels should have turned instead of all fours), I have started my third conversion (a 2002 Kenny Brown P2 Panther from NFS: High Stakes; original author is by NJ (XJ220)):
It's almost done, and I have already sent permission e-mail to the original author of this car, so I will release it as soon as I have his permission. :wink:

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:48 pm

Nice cars. :)
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner