[REL] First Pack Released!

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 7 months

Driver Expansion pack for Midtown Madness 2

Postby RacingFreak » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Hello there!

I`m currently working on a conversion project which takes place on all cars from Driver that can be driven in-game (except the Jaguar and the traffic cars for now). Here are some WIP screenshots:

...and many more.
As they aren`t a scratch made. The cars will be using the orginal meshes and textures extracted from Driver. In a few days I`ll post here the first car on which I`m working now :)

EDIT:
Second release coming Q2 of February.
Last edited by RacingFreak on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sido
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Sido » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:03 pm

not bad but those models sux its old there is driver carpack already made for mm2 these cars have awful models there are better cars already made for other games converting those are nice i dont like these

BTW:i am not yelling at
No, I am not ready for Hell! I don't even have my good shoes!

-Edward Richtofen

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:36 pm

Sorry, but have you ever played Driver? Also I personally think Driver had models, and textures like MM2 has (same type of texturing, models, etc).

These cars have been done acceptable during the last 3 months from DriverMadness.net, with many available tools like model importer/exporter and Texture Editor, but of course, the new-skool players will not like them at all. Leave this to Old-Skool ones, then :wink:

agustin26
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Postby agustin26 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:42 pm

Why not make a traffic mod with this, models are Epic and low poly
keep it up
www.youtube.com/user/agustin24621
[img]https://i53.tinypic.com/2ykffqb.jpg[/img]
LTV Proudest Leader :)

mm2star
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User

Postby mm2star » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:44 pm

They are old school. The car developers usually start making 2000's cars. Not the 1900's. Their body is not so good and looks pretty dusty. Not a good idea to convert the car pack.
[img]https://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/mm2star/Ford2.jpg[/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:48 pm

Nice project and work, but however, such so low polygons models are really bad to see released nowadays. The new releases have pretty the same quality about 3D model, from about 20000 polygons to also almost 80000, generally.
I know that now is possible rip the models of that game, but make them for MM2 is no more worth now. Instead, they're good for an SF traffic and police mod. A release of cars converted from Drive is available since long time here; only the textures come from the game, the 3D models were all made from scratch by the release author.
An old school kind carpack release? The idea is good, and these models fits very good with the default MM2 cars.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Thanks.

But I want to notice. These are not scratch made like the another version. They`re converted directly from Driver. But the main reason I`m making that, is just because I like low-poly cars that much, and even Driver`s cars are very impressive work for me :P

And as for the traffic cars, it`s possible to have a full control on every car from Driver and to convert it, very soon. Stay tuned for news! :wink:

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:00 pm

I've understood that they're directly converted from Driver (something still not possible in past), and not scratch made like that very old release. However is pretty worth have them for MM2, but as traffic mod they become more interesting. I know that some players like low polygons cars.
Good work, waiting for more proress. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Sido
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby Sido » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:40 pm

i mean i am not really intrested in those cars but making a traffic mod will be great
No, I am not ready for Hell! I don't even have my good shoes!

-Edward Richtofen

Kunal2045
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User
Registered for: 14 years 7 months

Postby Kunal2045 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:33 am

Nice start, I agree what agustin26, Franch and Sido says about the Traffic Mod, this would be awesome!
[align=center][color=black]Sig[/color]
[img]https://www.imgweave.com/view/4838.png[/img][/align]

Deanna_Troi
MM2X Occasional User
MM2X Occasional User
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Deanna_Troi » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:36 am

Not bad dude, sweet work on the conversions so far, I love Driver 1 by the way, and even played it.... :D Again, far out work.... :D
[color=orange]Best MM2 Breakout of 2010[/color]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/a701OBI.jpg[/img]
[url=https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB-1_luBqmkKKFUDgP18fiw]My YouTube Channel[/url]
[url=https://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=53209#53209]My MM2 Releases[/url]

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Great models and textures, perfect for traffic.

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:22 pm

Great models, agreed with Zac, look fine for a traffic mod.

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Although, I`ve been on converting Midnight Club cars for MM2, I`m going to re-new this Driver project (Due to the fact, that I`m going to love Driver`s cars more, than that MC`s "tuned extotics" which I don`t like that much, except the traffic cars :oops: ). I`ve converted them to High Stakes back that month, so I`m going to convert them again, for Midtown Madness 2, as they`ll included each car, that you can drive in Driver (except the traffic cars), and of course, the Jaguar from Newcastle 8)

Stay tuned for news!

PS
RELEASED!

RacingFreak
MM2X Very Active User
MM2X Very Active User

Postby RacingFreak » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:52 pm

I`ve got an awesome news!

Using few modifications on batch extractor, I`ve extracted such each car texture and model! 8O

Now I`m near 99% sure of an traffic mod 8)

PS
Don`t believe me?
As these are only from Newcasle and Los Angeles Levels. Add and 10 more from each level, like Miami, San Francisco and New York, and you will see at what I`m talkin` about :P