1973 Chevrolet K5 Blazer...my first scratch made car!

Before you move this thread, it's not for MM...yet...

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User
Registered for: 17 years 1 month

1973 Chevrolet K5 Blazer...my first scratch made car!

Postby CarLuver69 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:56 am

Image Image

Should I convert this to MM2? Or are not too many people interested in low-poly models? This is only 252 vertices...

If you're interested, this is the car I based it off of (and used textures from): https://jalopnik.com/5462857/1973-chevro ... gallery/10

I made the back texture using some clever photoshop techniques. I like doing that kind of stuff, you know?

Comments please!

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Silent1Unknown » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:28 am

I like low-poly models such as yours, but you're wheels could be better. Why not make them with simple cylinder object. I promise it wont lag the game. ;)

Image BEST MM2 SCREENSHOOTER | BEST PHOTOSHOPPER
Image MOST FRIENDLY MEMBER | BEST MM2 WEBSITE

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:56 am

I would have loved to make the wheels a simple cylinder object, but Driver is pretty retarded when it comes to chassis'. The wheels aren't unique for each vehicle, they all use the same wheel. It's this weird object with a cylinder in the middle, and 2 planes on each side (which then turn into round objects due to transparent wheel texture).

Modding is just barely taking off in Driver. We're still waiting for a working Vertex Patch, which should boost our vertex limit from 256 to 6,000 and greater.
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]
[color=silver][i]Proud supporter of MM2X[/i][/color]

[color=#CCCCCC]How do I love thee MM2? Let me count the add-ons...
[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

sajmon14
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 2 months
Poland

Postby sajmon14 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:18 am

Looks nice, for MM2 maybe in an trafficmod hmm

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:09 pm

I like it! Just make sure to use cylinders for the wheels if you convert it to mm2. ;)
Administrator at MMarchive | Arrow Block Entertainment Owner

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Haha, I love it. :) It fits in the city so well like a default car. Looks like DRIV3R.

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:44 pm

Guys, I know the best way to go is to use a cylinder wheel, no need to tell me that! TRUST ME, if Driver supported unique wheels, I WOULD DO THAT!!
[img]https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2562/2010mm2cawardssilver.png[/img] [color=orange]Best MM2 Innovation - Author of best car of the year[/color]

[size=134][b]Are my pictures not showing up? [url=https://photobucket.com/CL69MM2]CLICK HERE![/url][/b][/size][/color]

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:51 pm

Oh, that is Driver. :P I think it would be good as MM2 Traffic.

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:10 pm

Doesn't MM2 traffic need to have different paint jobs? I could try to make multiple colors...I mean gosh, if I can make a back view using photoshop, why not multiple colors, LOL. The one part I will definitely get lost on is adding multiple paint jobs, linking to multiple materials, and of course...ZModeler...*cringes*

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Silent1Unknown » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:33 pm

MM2 traffic cars dont necessarily need multiple paintjobs. Just check Carking's traffic mod available on this website.

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:41 pm

I've been spending the past couple hours working on my traffic version. I got it all packaged up and then it crashes. Does MM2 support quads? If not, then I found the problem. Please help! I go to the car selection screen and then it just crashes immediately. Something must be wrong...

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:44 am

I don't know about quads in MM2, but my mind says 'yes of course'. Do you have all the names, etc right in ZM?

CarLuver69
MM2X Active User
MM2X Active User

Postby CarLuver69 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:48 am

Of course, I even used "va_largesuv_s" as a base! I have all BODY's, from H to VL, and made sure all :m suffixes were in the appropriate spots.

Here's the error I'm getting:

I have not attempted to fix it yet. Maybe my Bound is too large? Couldn't be that, it's only 44 vertices..but it uses quads..

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:57 am

Quads have to work both as player and traffic cars in MM2, it's made like any other vehicle, that isn't a problem.
If the game crashes when you go to select a vehicle isn't said that the cause is given by your traffic mod making attempting. There's also to see if everything with PKG and files is ok, you should let it check to someone. A member of 44 polygons for the BOUND object is appropriate, better don't exceed 100 polygons for it.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Silent1Unknown
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Silent1Unknown » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:00 am

Quads shouldnt be a problem, MM2 should break it down.....wait, WTF? How do you have quads if your're using ZM1.07b, which is the only program that can export to pkg?

Anyway, make sure all the objects (wheels, shadow, lights....etc) have all LODs (H, M, L, VL). Center also all the objects axis.