40%

Total votes: 10
Adamodell
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Adamodell's conversion

Postby Adamodell » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:06 pm

I recently converted this model to NFS4, and since then I've improved it even more. Here's the ZZII version 2 for NFS4:

(LINK DEAD)

This NFS4 model is going to be my basis for an MM2 version coming up... hopefully shortly. If not, I apologize. So, basically, it's going to be a conversion.... of a conversion. Well at least *I* did the converting both times.
Last edited by Adamodell on Thu May 23, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:49 pm

Welcome back Adamodell, has been long time since your first ever release, where I helped too. :wink:
Another nice low polygons model here, should be good in MM2 with an arcade type tuning. Usually low quality cars haven't a good success, but this is a very nice and original one, there's some chance. If the model is yours good work in it. :wink:
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Adamodell
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Adamodell » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:39 pm

The model is GT2's, I don't want you to be confused and think I modeled this. :P

I did do the UV mapping on this as well, though.

I'm experiencing curious technical difficulties... I also noticed there's a problem with the Zexel. It's loading a stock shadow, not the custom shadow I included with the car.

My in progress ZZII has the same problem. Also, my ZZII is loading my Zexel's textures. I did change the basename and files to start with "zzII" instead of zexel, but to no avail. The thing keeps loading the Zexel's textures. I'll mess around some more. If I can't get it working I'll see if you can help me.

Edit: I removed the Zexel from my folder and the textures loaded- definitely an identifier conflict of some sort... I need to study up on how this game handles things more. I'm sure you know exactly what's going on. Here's a preview pic:

(LINK DEAD) I sure have a way of showing up a decade later to note that links are dead don't I?

As you can see, it's perfectly fine, other than apparently in this rendering engine, objects cannot be seen through objects even if the texture is transparent. That's why the wheels glitch like that. Guess I'll have a friend do 3D wheel wells for me (like on the Zexel).
Last edited by Adamodell on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:25 pm

Ok, so it's from Grand Turismo 2. That curious problem with the wheels is given because of transparent parts, as you say, and in MM2 is normal that car parts that aren't part of the BODY_H objects result not visible when covered by semi-transparent and transparent objects. To don't have it you have to remove those transparent textured car polygons.
You must use a different basename for a new car, and use it also for the textures file names, so you avoid the textures conflicts because of the same file names.
If you want a custom shadow, you must use a different file name for it, and not vpshdw.tga, that's the same of the default game shadow texture. Is the file name what's important.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Adamodell
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Adamodell » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:35 pm

Hmm, pretty dumb engine mechanics.

Thanks a lot though.

Oh, I'm fixing up my Zexel according to what you said.

Adamodell
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Adamodell » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:41 pm

I'm not a huge fan of double posting, but I just fixed my Zexel. Would you mind updating the Zexel on MM2X to this one?

https://adamodell.vndv.com/zexelmm2.zip

If you can, I'd be happy. :)
You can keep the original picture for it on MM2X though.

Now, I'll continue on my ZZII. Wish me luck.

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi Welcome back.

I don't recall of knowing you..

Good work anyway, looks like a great low poly car.

Adamodell
MM2X Newbie
MM2X Newbie

Postby Adamodell » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:02 pm

As soon as I got started on this car, I realized why I hate this game so much.

Finish the car Zac, I'm sure as heck not. There's too many nuances to this. I'd probably find it easier to convert a car to run in Garry's Mod for cryin' out loud. Haha.

Well heck, any rendering engine that doesn't support having an object behind a transparent object is incompatible with my workflow. :P

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm not a huge fan of double posting, but I just fixed my Zexel. Would you mind updating the Zexel on MM2X to this one?

https://adamodell.vndv.com/zexelmm2.zip

If you can, I'd be happy. :)
You can keep the original picture for it on MM2X though.
Ok no problem, I'm going to test this second version and update the download in this website. I'll add a notify about its updating. :wink:
Now, I'll continue on my ZZII. Wish me luck.
Good work with this car conversion, and you can well submit it in this website when it'll be finished.