New car! 2008 GMC Acadia

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Postby zoot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:09 am

i made door handles and textured the licene plates. how do people like riva and some other people make the headlight beam on the ground? it it connected to the shadow? is their a tutorial on doing it? anyways,
what do you mean, franch88, by the bumper being too much, because the bumper is the most accurate part of the car.and i didnt have very good blueprints, i could only find one set for this car :(

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Zac4084 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:19 am

You mean Driver....? Go to the Airone site and detach the driver and erase the un-wanted textures. I'll PM you with one if you want. Its not connected to the shadow, you just aim one of the Headlight objects on the ground. ;)

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:43 am

The frontlights beam is obviously connected with the shadow object, it isn't another object. Are used two textures, a transparent one for the day times and the lights beam effect one for the night times, with the "_ni" suffix at the end of the file name. You can take it from another car that has it extracting its .ar file, if it's not locked, and importing in ZModeler the .pkg file.

About the front bumper, I mean that its height is too high compaing it with the rear one, and it's almost close to the ground. After have see a side picture of this car like this I've noticed this thing. It could be pretty easy to fix, just squeeze it a bit, but isn't really necessary, thought.
For the interiors, make only the top part of the seats coloring them black, and as Zac says, put a driver model make it all black too. More, better make the windows more opaque since the car has half and simple interiors.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:13 pm

where can i find a transparent texture for the beams? which cars have the headlight like that so i can use them? :(

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:03 pm

sorry for double post, but i uploaded the finished car onto MMArchive. so once i get the email about it being from the administrator, i will tell you so you can go their to try it out. :D:D:D:D:D

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:14 pm

There are some not locked cars that has the shadow with the headlights beam, just check some pretty old ones. However, you've also submitted your car in this website, I'll check it soon.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:23 pm

thanks. :D

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:36 pm

I've tried it and I pretty like it. Very nice the 3D model, but it can well be improved more: the windows have to be more opaque, actually they're transparent; there isn't the bottom part of the car, really easy to made; there aren't the interiors roof and windows frames, that can be made by copying and flipping the exterior ones. The making for the game isn't so well, because the tuning isn't good for this kind of car and there aren't the engine sounds, only the sound called "whine" is heard, you had to edit the .csv files to got them. The lights can be fixed too.
But, I have to publish it because it's already available at MMArchive. Overall, it's a really nice car as first one, great modeling work. :wink:

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:39 pm

Good work. Some parts aren't so good, but very nice for a first release IMO. Things like the shadow etc are bad. And the sounds as Franch said. Scratch made cars aren't easy, so its great work.

b12man
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby b12man » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:46 am

Not bad for a start, but I would release a second version of this with multiple fixes ;)
I like girls kind of like chicken wings; hot, tender and half-price on Tuesday.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:28 pm

it is not my first model, just the first car that i am releasing.:D

b12man
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Postby b12man » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:44 pm

it is not my first model, just the first car that i am releasing.:D
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying there are a few bugs with it (that have been mentioned above), but it's a nice vehicle and you should fix those issues for a version 2 release ;)

I also find that the reflections look pretty weird at the back :?
I like girls kind of like chicken wings; hot, tender and half-price on Tuesday.

zoot
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby zoot » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:37 pm

i made the interior better (fixed the see through roof) i made the bottom.

i am now working on a nissan silvia s13 with a bodykit.(a tuner) :D

i will post a new thread on it! :D

Zac4084
MM2X Super Active User
MM2X Super Active User

Postby Zac4084 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:58 pm

i made the interior better (fixed the see through roof) i made the bottom.

i am now working on a nissan silvia s13 with a bodykit.(a tuner) :D

i will post a new thread on it! :D
Good to hear, nice choice. ;) You should make one topic named "CarKings Scratch Projects".

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:13 am

Good luck with the Silvia, but don't post too many threads. Use one for all of your projects. :wink: