My projects

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Technologyfreak projects

Postby Technologyfreak » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi,

I've finished the dash for the MAN TGA for hastantyo which was my first project.
I've been downloading addons and custumizing my game for a while and now I've decided to give it a go to try and make my own addons.
My second project is the KITT of the 2009 Knight Rider series.
I've basicly modified this car's paintjob
https://www.mm2x.com/modules.php?name=Downl ... #dldetails
And I took the sounds from this one
https://www.mm2x.com/modules.php?name=Downl ... #dldetails

Now I'm working on the tuning and I'm planning to add objects to make a KITT in persuit mode, but it will take a while since I'm a novice with zmodeler. :oops:
And if I want to release this one, I first have to ask the original authors for permission :)
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Registered for: 16 years 10 months
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:48 pm

So is this the car that you are editing. The 3D model comes form a recent NFS game and it's freely provided by AirOne Racing. The MM2 conversion has been made by LZR_SL, and you have to contact only him for the releasing permission. The author of that KITT isn't anymore in the MM2 community since years, so no ways to contact him, but is better do credits to him in the Readme file for the sounds.
Nice paintjob, do you plan to make its look like the famous KITT car?
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.
|Franch88's MM2 Releases|

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Technologyfreak » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:18 pm

Yes, I'm planning a car pack, with the car I'm working on now (which I need to do the red light on the hood) and a second car, based on this one, but I will try to make it look like this:

I will try that, editing the model I have now, and adding parts to make it look like that :)
[img][/img]

matt1314
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Postby matt1314 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:47 pm

Sounds nice, good luck. If you could let it look like the one in the picture, it would be brilliant. :wink:

angelus
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Postby angelus » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:07 pm

impressed with what you got car pack will be great but i would settle for one let alone both :lol::lol::lol: i await with baited breath

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Technologyfreak » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:02 pm

I've been working on this project again, this time I improved the lights and made the red light up front. Like this:

But I still need to make the air intake on the hood in which the red lights are positioned.
Also, I want to make the lights like this with the texture on the ground:

but how do you do that?
[img][/img]

angelus
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby angelus » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:46 pm

cant help with the lights but really looking good my mate :D:D

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Technologyfreak » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:56 pm

Oh, and I forgot I still have to do the wheels as well, but I made a start with that today
[img][/img]

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:02 pm

Do you plan to edit the 3D model by suggesting us a car with the same look than the Knight Rider ? If not, you don't need to convert this car with these new lights only. It's not necessary to have a new Shelby GT500 with only these features :? Please if you want to make the KR car, improve the EA model by adding a spoiler, fix the headlights position, add the new bumper parts, edit the mirrors, improve the hood and so on. My bad if you planned it.

BTW this car is the same than I converted recently, you need to take the GT500 KR model.

PS : the artificially intelligent automobile laser (sorry I don't know the correct name) is badly put.

PPS : If you want to use the VW-Tuner-Oburg dash, some things must be done. Actually this car don't use the default one but this one :

Ditto for the 3D inside parts.

angelus
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby angelus » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:22 pm

ok the pic riva supplied of the interior is slightly out it has been altered since the pilot it has a normal wheel and the voice visulization is where the air vent/shelby edition number panel goes and the keyboard is not there. as far as the body work goes the only things that need doing is the hood and the scanner. and obviously the wheels

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:36 pm

You still need to do a lot of edits to the model, making it really interesting, good luck for that. The front red glows have to be placed more on the hood, and it has to be edited as well, like on the real picture.
Fiat 500 = Italian motorization. Franch88, MM2 eXtreme forum and website Administrator.

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Technologyfreak » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:41 pm

Yes and those are the things that I still plann to do, the red lights up front arent placed properly yet, because obviously the hood isn't done yet.

It is going to be a carpack with this car and a further edited car with bodykit, spoiler, etc. like this:
I will base the dash on the dash of vw-tuner oburg (if I can get that one) and make it look like this:

I will edit the interior of the car as well, like the steering wheel and the airvent in the middle.

The wheels are going to be the most challenging I think so those might take a while.

But I wondered whether anyone could tell me how to make the headlights so you can see them shining on the ground?
[img][/img]

Franch88
MM2X Admin
MM2X Admin
Italy

Postby Franch88 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:59 pm

You can contact Oburg asking for one of his dashboards and the permission to edit it. For the wheels, you could use similar ones taking them from another car, but you have to do searches. Good luck with the modeling edits.
But I wondered whether anyone could tell me how to make the headlights so you can see them shining on the ground?
This is made using the shadow object with two polygons united with that texture assigned, visible only at night. I suggest to take it from a not locked MM2 car that has it, importing the .pkg file and taking the two texture files, one transparent for the day times and one visible for the night ones.

Riva
MM2X VIP Member
MM2X VIP Member
Registered for: 20 years

Postby Riva » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:00 pm

Oh I see, it's great if you can change the current model by the planned one. Keep it up !

Technologyfreak
MM2X Junior User
MM2X Junior User

Postby Technologyfreak » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:06 pm

I've animated the red front lights now so they look like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rppSUVdz ... re=related

I'm working on the hood right now, and I noticed the holes in the bottem grille that I need to make.
But I wondered whether anyone could find wheels like this, because I can't find them :oops:
[img][/img]